Dating a younger guy? What do you think?

Would it bother you, if you were dating a younger man/older woman?

I am 19 years old, will turn 20 in may. I know this guy that just turned 18. I am not dating him or anything. My friends keep telling me, that I should date him, and I am kind of interested in him. We have the same interests. But I keep thinking of how old he is - beause guys usually aren't as mature as women.
Would you guys mind, if you were dating a younger guy/older woman? Should I go for it?

Most Helpful Guy

• It really doesn't matter as long as you have similar views and interests. If you click, then you click if not then at least you tried. My wife is 2 years older than me and it honestly has never been an issue. Age really means so little in the grand scheme of things. Unless you are 20 years apart, that would be tough. But anywhere between 1 and 10 years makes very little difference especially as you get older. In your situation a couple years is not a deal breaker unless he's an immature tool... lol.

What Guys Said 4

• I have found those who jidge other maturity by age generally aren't that mature. Judge his frame of mind based on his actions and decide on those merits.

• You don't have much to lose. Go for it.
    Lucky dude...

• i don't think you get it..

• 20/18 is basically the same thing =) thats no worries

I've done 28 (me) 42 :P the older you get the more acceptable age gaps get... no worries. follow your heart similarities matter a lot. go for it

also i resent the guys aren't as mature as women thing it is highly unfair :P some guys are more mature, even. =]

What Girls Said 4

• I wouldn't date a younger guy in my preference I don't know I would feel really uncomfortable around him. It's just to much of a hassel you know. Besides I like my older men 26-35 they just seem like they are with it.. Which I like

• That statement may be true but not for everyone. you'll never know if you don't at least give it a chance. Go for it.

• The guy I'm interested in right now is 3 years younger than me.
    I forget he's that age because he looks older than me.

It bothers me a little but I still like him.

• i WOULD NOT. not. FUCKING NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT. date a younger man because men my age can barely keep up with me on a mental level so the LAST thing I need is an even younger man. NOPE. thanks.