Should I date this shy guy?

We are both seniors in high school now and we've been talking for about a few weeks. He's told me that he's always had a crush on me since 9th grade but he never had the guts to talk to me until now. He is a really sweet guy but I feel that by him being shy, he might be awkward around me and won't be affectionate. by the way, I'm 17 and i'm kind of new to this dating thing so I am unsure on what I should do.

Most Helpful Guy

• Shy guys are only shy at first. If you have any interest in him, talk to him, open up, and eventually he will too. Honestly, the fact that he's had a crush on you for so long, and is in fact shy suggests he would never cheat on you. You're the girl he's always wanted, and you should at least give him a chance. It could turn out to something special.

What Guys Said 7

• Yes you should. If you like him back the same way then give it a try. He maybe scared of doing the wrong thing by you, so you may need to give him a bit more time and also let him know what you want much more in the relationship. I mean he is probably wanting the same thing as you but too shy. Shy guys need girls to be more obvious and sort of almost give them permission with things. So you could make a few of the moves. Make the first move and ask him out.

• yes. I can say this with confidence, because I am this kind of guy. the fact that he told you that he had a crush on you is HUGE. But, you will probably have to take the drivers seat at first, take it slow, for he probably won't do anything without your permission. nothing would make him happier than for you to initiate things. make him feel comfortable and he will open up.

• Yes, he might not be too affectionate at first. Just be patient with him, it took him 3+ years to ask you out. He's bound to be nervous! A word to the wise: you might have to help him make moved on you (or you just move in on him).

• This is a lot of pressure for you, but this guy really took a chance on even asking you out, so I'd at least go on the date with him, and try to avoid making him kill himself.

• Better than hearing a girl dating yet another bad boy so yeah go for it.

• Talk to him. The only way you will know if you, and him will be good is if you talk to each other.

• I think you should go for it, but take it slow, try to slowly open him up and make him more confident

What Girls Said 1

• They are the best