Black women controversy?

According to some researches, black women are the least desired women by men. Besides the stereotypes, why do we come with that conclusion? Are you for or against these results?

Most Helpful Girl

• Do u mean desirable like guys think; hey, you're attractive, let's have sex, or desirable like guys think; hey, you're a good person and I would like to spend the rest of my life with u? To the first one, it's because, unfortunately, the majority of black women make themselves undesirable. Too many black women have 5 different neon colors in their hair, we have piercings and tattoos galore, and ratchetness and bad attitudes. Its not sexy when someone pisses you off and you make a huge, embarrassing scene. You don't have to scream at them, clap your hands, use bad language and bad grammar to them if you get mad. Everyone gets pissed off, but there are many other ways to tell them off without making yourself look like a ghetto, ignorant mess. I think I got a little off topic. Anyway, it's not black women who are undesirable, it's the ghetto, ignorant idiots that are undesirable. Unfortunately, most black women are raised by ghetto ignorant idiots and soon become ghetto ignorant idiots. Watch a few YouTube videos by ScooterMagruder. He tackles this and other topics like it.

What Guys Said 10

• Is she sassing her way to being 350lbs of bad attitude? No thanks.

http://memekat.com/media/created/jh3a3x.jpg

Is she bright, fun and ambitious like other women her age? Yes please.

hairstylesgoo.com/.../...1141943-54466b7f84298.jpg

• Saying this about black women as a group doesn't isolate the race as the reason for the results. Clearly in that population there are more factors than their shared race. I'm not sure why this statistic occurs. Black people being the most overweight population in the US could be partly why.

• I was going to say something similar, about how socioeconomic factors could potentially play a role (assuming that this sentiment is even true, that black women are deemed least desirable). And of course, socioeconomic conditions are directly tied to obesity, so that fits as well.

• @DodgersGM Yeah true. I thought about saying incomes. I find it hard to talk about this through a post on the internet. I just feel bad so many black women think this or at least feel the effect.

• Completely agreed, man. It's a delicate topic and none of these answers are fun to arrive at. As time goes on, the stereotypes will continue to erode At least there's that.

• We come to this through bad stereotypes and general ignorance. I do not agree with this because beautiful is beautiful no matter race, ethnicity, religion, nationality, skin color, social status, financial status etc. It is also said that "beauty is in the eye of the beholder." These types of things can't be generalized not even by narrow minded researchers. Try meeting as many new people as you can!

• It's a combination of the "white beauty standard" in the media, and the negative image the media gives black people.

Regardless... there truly is a match for everyone. So what if you're "statistically" one of the least desirable groups?

Focus on the ones who DO like you, not on the ones who don't.

• by the way i'm a black guy (to give context for my answer)

• Well, just like some of the black women on GaG, I've been called 'white-washed' and 'an oreo' because I didn't live up to the thug mannerism, decided to get an education and be respectful to people. Which to them was undesirable. I know I didn't answer your question but that may be a reason why.

• I've faced the same type of labeling from my fellow black people as well... cheers to overcoming it all! :-D

• *raises glass*

• I always say it's down to the individual more than anything else.

• Racism... and well in white socirties they are mot used to darket skin...

• Because white people are the most attractive race, both male and female.

• All these white women, who are very desirable to many black men, having black babies is funny because half of the babies will be black females.

• It's an image problem, and not just the women. What has been going on in recent months with the anti-police stuff is just an example. At least there were not a lot of riots this time. But that kind of shit does long term damage to your image that's hard to reverse. You attract more flies with honey than vinegar.

What Girls Said 8

• Least desirable to who? If you're black and can't find a man don't blame your race. Unless u live in a racist area where all blacks are hated then ok I'll give you that... but for the most part guys like black women

From the so called Oreos, to the bougie girls to the ratchet girls there is a lid for every pot. Even the girls who were mentioned who have multi colored weave and tarts everywhere have men who love them so I don't see what y'all saying

It's like we live in a different world. I could go on my social media and pick out pictures of women who some of y'all would look down on and think "no man wants her" and that same girl could probably take yours lol

• I've never had any issues.

• I've never had a problem getting a man. I've never dated a white guy they and honestly don't care to. None of them have ever shown an interest in me and I'm far from the stereotypes portrayed in the media. So I don't know what they're deal is. I don't bother to know either.

• That never seemed true for myself.

• I dont believe that. I haven't had any problems with getting or having a man. Its more of how that women presents herself to others.

• I don't know. Maybe because most of the time they have fake hair, splotchy skin, awkward body types and are super ghetto.

Woman of color like this are desirable though:
    http://youtu.be/9GysUQfI3ZQ

• Black women are hot.

• I have no idea. Guys seem to love me. Not big headed, but it's the truth.