Would you ever date someone who has adhd?

I have adhd. I have heard of people who have it who find somebody who accepts the challenges that come with having a partner suffering from it. I feel I will never find a meaningful relationship because I am not very smart. I feel like all I am good for is sex nothing more. Not looking because I need to sort out more important issues. But I am curious of who has or would date someone with ADHD.

I have the inattentive and hyperactivity (mild form of it). I ask because often times it is a difficult disorder to cope with. I also find it extremely hard to form friendships let alone have a meaningful relationship. Sure guys (addicts) have shown an interest in me only because I am very caring and nurturing as much as i put up the walls on my heart. So it would be for their own benefit. But often times it's for sex/fling/cheap thrill (the other girl).

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, I have ADHD myself so it would be pretty hypocritical of me if I didn't. If they had really bad behavioral problems because of it and didn't handle their responsibilities then I wouldn't date them because of that. But ADHD itself is not an automatic disqualifier, it depends more how they handle their lives.

I think plenty of guys would still be open to dating you, I've never had any dating issues because of it. Not everybody is "smart" and not everybody is looking for someone who is. You must have other things going for yourself anyway and someone should be able to find the value in that. There are actually upsides to ADHD too like being more perceptive and creative.

What Guys Said 4

• I'd date someone with ADHD.

What you should seek to do is make yourself shine in other ways. You may not be "smart" in a traditional, intellectual sense, but I am sure there's something you'd be great at. Find your strengths and let your freak flag fly!

• I would date someone with in a heartbeat. I have it to, but its not like you have some kind of mental disorder that is a real struggle for you to control and it can ruin your life. People who say that they won't are simply stuck up and find them self higher up then you. Don't listen to them. You are who you are. Find someone to love you for WHO YOU ARE.

• I have lots of mental disorders that co-exist with one another. I just did not mention them here.

• Still if you actually have some control of them i don't see a problem. I have another one as well but i still would be willing to give it a shot. You can't just judge someone by how they are in 5 minutes. You should get to know them better. Think more highly of yourself. Thats a struggle for me sometimes, but i won't date someone who think they are better than everyone else.
      Bottom line don't worry too much i think we both will find someone eventually.

• It is not overly important right now. Maybe i am too picky lol. And I am a worry wort.

• I would definitely date her... that's just one of her imperfections!

• No matter what, I'll always LUV u <333

What Girls Said 8

• I do not believe there is such thing as adhd and all these things that doctors come up with... i've read a lot about even depression and proper doctors will tell you that there has to be an underlining cause for any symptoms of things to arise, you cannot just be depressed or anxious out of the blue for no reason at all, there had to be something wrong to cause it, adhd also never become a thing until technology started to boom so i believe it's a cause of a ot of factors around us and just something happening in the body, imbalances or you just simple see how the way we live actually doesn't benefit any of us at all... and some people are just day dreamers... i day dream a lot and teachers in primary used to get concerned about it but truth is i'm always just been uninterested in many things the world has to offer, i do not even own the technology they sell us these days... i just enjoy what a human should enjoy. So would i date someone who believes they are adhd and has something really wrong with them? no... because if i tried to tell you then you would get mad at me and say i'm being rude or something... but i know i'm not, i understand a lot about what can happen to the human body just from being human, and well my own health is a bit messed up at the moment, i jsut don't believe something can happen without a real cause.

• It depends on the level of adhd this person as.
    I wouldn't strictly x that person out.
    I'd give the relationship a shot.
    If I felt like the medical condition was interfering with our relationship I would break up.
    My answer also depends on how much love for that person I developed over the course of time.
    Could I be with this person or not?
    Only being in the real situation would tell.

• If I wouldn't I would be a hypocrite because I to suffer from adhd. I wasn't diagnosed early in life. Teachers used to say I was lazy or stupid their words not mine. It's some thing you learn to live & work with.

• Yes why not?

• As long as it's not severely noticeable I think you're fine

• Trust me, if you feel all you are good for is sex...

There are lots of guys who WILL date you..

Just, not in a forever kind of way...

More in a until you freak out, something better comes along, kind of way.

• Sad but true all I ever attract is drug addicts because they pick up on my nurturing ways.

• Yeah, my husband and I both are adhd lol Its not too bad.

• Yes. I don't see a problem with that at all