She's 20 I m 32. will she leave when she's 28 and I m 40? shed still be in her prime while id be coming out of mine. wouldn't this scenario be common?

just wondering sicne i have an opportunity with her. just very sketicle

Most Helpful Girl

• Well this may sound a bit harsh and I'm by all means saying she will leave but I think you have to understand that the dynamic of your relationship will change in that time.

A lot of girl like men in their 30s, because they are still attractive, stable and more willing to be in a long-term relationship. And it's all fun for a while but you're right in 6 or 8 years when she might be ready to have a family, you'll almost be too old. At the same time guys her age are becoming more mature and become an option

• she wants to have kids and settle down in about 4 to 5 years... the same as me. she also mentioned she doesn't mind if i use viagra later on even now lol. i keep fit and take care of myself...

• that that makes you sound like an arrogant dick and has nothing to do with this discussion.

• Ummm ok

What Girls Said 3

• Look at it this way. We're you ready to settle down with a 32 year old when you were 20? We're you ready to settle down at all at twenty... Or any of the subsequent twelve years... Probably not or you wouldn't be 32 getting into a new relationship.

You had time to live learn and get prepared for commitment. It's unreasonable to expect someone else to automatically bypass all of thst judt bc you want to be with them. She deserves the same time you had.

• firstly, we spoke about all you mentioned. she wants it and seems like she wants the same timing as i do... she wants to settle down and have kids around the same timing as when ill be ready... which is in a few years... she thinks highly of me... i think its a little different that what your thinking lol

• feeling ready and being ready are not the same thing. I don't doubt she has strong feelings for you. But emotions can not take the place of life experience. You're never too young to know how you feel but it takes living to learn what you need and what you want to do with your life.

It isn't that she absolutely will change her mind... I just think she deserves the same time you had.

• yes i know. she knows she's not ready yet. my hopes are that when i m ready to settle down, shed be mature enough that ill feel confident in her. shell be in her mid twenties... i think it can work out. women grow a lot from 20 to 25... are you suggesting i should leave her alone as if thats the only way shell have this time? i m not trying to make a family with a 20 yr old... its date and build somehitng and see what happens. @Opinion Owner

• i don't think so.. i mean what's the big deal? i'm 29 and hypothetically my SO is in his 40's i don't see any problem with it. it depends on the girl. i mean what if she feels you're already the one? i don't think girls like jumping from one man to another. there's nothing nice about it.

• she sorta does... i think... and she's not like a typical girl...

• she is=) i always wanted someone different too...

• cuuute! all the best in your relationship :)

• I was 28 my ex 40 his love and libido was pretty much non existent I had to leave him for that reason but... this girl may not think like that

• she's very into me... once she told me she doesn't mind me taking viagra later on lol.

• Oh well this might be the exception

• well just have to see...

What Guys Said 4

• There are good odds that your theory is correct. She'll mature and probably want things you don't.

• yah thats the thing, can't predict it... time you can't get back

• I wouldn't do it. She's 20. She's not fully mature. I mean unless you are able to adapt to the changes (because remember when you were 20 you had all that shit figured out and now take note of the vast differences and decisions) she'll go through it's not a valuable investment. Stability with someone more your age is likely the better way.

• ok thanks.

• When she will have 30 or better if you will have a 10 year relationship with her is ok. Anyway a 30 year woman is already old.. is harder for girls to be in shape over 30

• Dude, 40 is your prime. But if you are both happy then stop worrying and enjoy life.

• thnx. i m just weighing all the factors and risks

• well that decade would also be over at 40

• ok listen, we all get old... at the same rate and as we get older, the less our age gap would matter. would 10 yr old dating a 2o yr old the same as 40 and 50? the way i see it things can only get better as time passes. its important to be attractive and capuure your partners heart in the beggining. we can get older without getting all insecure... @Azara

• im 90% sure once you reach your 50s she will go get it somewhere else. nothing new here