Do I have to tell him I have an eating disorder?

I really like this guy I recently met and we get along great and he's been very open about his interest in me, but I have had a bad eating disorder for 12 years and am afraid of how he react if he ever found out. All of my friends know and it's not something I care enough about to hide, but now I'm changing my thinking and kinda do want to keep it secret from him cuz I don't want to have to deal with it and I like the idea of seeing what it's like to pursue someone and potentially even wind up with someone who doesn't know and doesn't hover over me about food constantly. I want to know what it's like to be treated like a normal person, but worry that my omission could lead to him looking down on me later for never mentioning if he was to ever piece it together. Thoughts?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not really his business right now. He's not a serious bf just a guy you like and may end up dating in the future. Don't feel u need to disclose private info like that to just any guy just Bc ur talking

What Guys Said 2

• Eh, tell him and get it over with. If he can't handle it then you dodged a bullet.

• But why do I have to tell him? Why can't I just let it ride out and experience what it's like for someone who isn't sick?

• No it really wouldn't. I dated a guy four years before finding out he used to be an extremely siuicidal person who was labeled a flight risk and it honestly didn't change how I felt about him at all

• That's not the same thing. That doesn't require care.

• You don't have to tell him, but you shouldn't hide it from him. People are allowed to have secrets.

What Girls Said 1

• u can tell him... if he really like you and assumed that u are his friends, he won't mind even though u have eating disorder, because he's pure accepted u just the way u are, but if he start to stay away, well, i think he just have friends with u because some reason... good luck!!