What would you think of a 22 year old guy who has never dated before?

Girls, what would u honestly think of a guy if he told you that he has never dated before? Would that make you think of him in any way?

Just to clarify, I am not ashamed or embarassed about it at all. I'm just curious about people's opinions

Most Helpful Girl

• I would not care, people pack mentality these days is awful... they make you feel like nobody will love you if you don't date or have sex with the opposite sex lol and if your gay they make you feel like you willl never be loved or happy... especially in high school i got people going "Why don't you find yourself a nice guy?" and i told them i don't want to and they went "Why not?" and i just looked at them like "Are you serious?" lol... i said i didn't want to because i don't... lol. so i know how all that feels, i'm far more accepting of others than a lot of people so... i don't mind, i would respect you and be considerate.

I've never been in a relationship with anyone and i'm 24 so... i get how you feel, i've been on dates but i honestly hate the whole dating thing... it's too awkward for me, id rather just find someone i click with, get to know them first without the whole dating part, just sit down and have some nice conversations and develop trust in each other then if we are cerain we like each other then yes i will go out with you lol, not the whole thing of meeting up and already considering it "dating" lol i don't want to be thinking like that.

What Girls Said 78

• I honestly would probably think he's innocent and inexperienced. Some girls like that because they honestly are like guys they want to take away a dudes innocence lol or it makes them curious. Some girls actually like the idea of being a guy's first because it makes them think that you'll like them more and that will make them feel more in control and think that you'll be all over them or want them more since they're your first. I know those are bad thoughts :p but it happens. Some girls also see it as a trust factor. Some girls will think you're more trustworthy because you HAVEN'T been with a lot of woman which makes the possibility of you being a player less so girls may trust you even more and want to date you. Some girls will want to give you a chance just to see how you are. I think it builds curiosity, trust, and interest in girls. Now to the girls who are repelled by you being single they just may want a player lol or a bad boy but to some girls you may be a good change of scenery from the usual so to speak. Or if they aren't interested in you at all they'll just be like Meh lol it all depends.

• I may think that you're probably strange. But not negative thoughts. Like, I would most probably see you as an interesting person. And also it makes me think that you are not that kind of guys that wants to have sex on the first date, and you have a very busy and interesting life that you just haven't found time to date someone. Or maybe you haven't been interested and obsessed with having dates, and girlfriends. I don't know see? It's interesting 😉

• If you were the type of man I found attractive, i'd believe you simply had not interest in dating/taking one girls seriously. I'd be aware that if 'we' dated you'd probably make a lot of mistakes, but it wouldn't matter. If I was interested none of that would matter.

• My ex was 23 when he and I got together and I was his first. Hmm, honestly, I think its really cute and I feel like the guy has prolly not found any girl who has made him want to have a relationship with yet and there's nothing abnormal about that. :)

• as in never been in a relationship or never gone on a date? does he have any experience with girls?

• Both. Hung out with girls yeah. Pretty chill/easy going. Not very talkative though

• I think it would depend on the guy. I didn't date till I was 20 and 22 really isn't to much of a jump from that.
    At the very worst I might proceed with caution but I might also see it as a challenge to be the first. Like I said, it all depends on him. How much it bothers HIM would directly play into how much it bothers ME. If he acted ashamed of it like: "Girls just never like me" or worse "Girls just don't like nice guys" then I'd be put off. But if he owned it like: "I just haven't found someone I've connected with like that" then Id be trying to be that someone. It just depends on you.

• I can't connect with anyone

• I have yet to come across a girl that actually tries with me. Unfortunately I see them try harder with other guys and I start to get depressed

• Sorry darlin.
      Keep your chin up because it's probably not you. I think most girls enjoy being persued and few like being the chaser. Most girls are scared of the rejection because it comes off as more shameful for them to be rejected then the guy so they don't like to take the risk. Eventually you'll find someone who is willing to walk out on the limb for you.

• I wouldn't care. I would be able to trust you a little more and it would be kind of cute to me

• I'm 17 and have never had a boyfriend lol but I think that's totally fine. It shows you're not desperate to find a girl and that you can handle yourself. It's better than being a guy that's had lots of girlfriends that never really meant anything. It just means you're waiting for that special someone and there's nothing wrong with that :)

• I would have to ask, what do you think of a 22 year old girl who has never dated before?

Since I'm a female version of you, I can honestly say if I met a guy like me it seriously wouldn't bother me. But at the same time, if you like someone does it matter if they've dated before or not? I don't think so!

• I would think it's adorable. You don't have to worry about his dating history or anything. You're much more likely to go at a slower pace, which is what girls usually want anyway

• I don't think anything of it. I'm the same as you except I'm 20 years old. I've never really dated anyone or have never been in a relationship. It's not something I'm ashamed or embarrassed about like you. Actually if the person I was interested in told me that this whole courting thing is new to him, I would probably be relieved. It wouldn't be so embarrassing to be the only making mistakes in a relationship because I'm the one who doesn't have any experience with this type of relationship before. It could be romantic in an awkward way or a coming of age type wherein both partners get to see how they grow together and become more mature from being complete amateurs in this area of life.

• I wouldn't think anything of it. If anything I would probably by happy because hopefully (hint hint) he would treat me better than other guys because he will be more into our rlationship and do anything in his power to keep me, and our relationship happy.

• well that's a good. What if he was shy?

• we're all a little shy, that wouldn't bother me. As long as he knows how to stand up when the time is necessary.

• I wouldn't care at all, but would like to know, so I don't take something the wrong way you know. Us girls overthink a lot as it is.:D And you can't just say you've never dated because of your looks. That is ridiculous, because while you think that about yourself, you're probably shy (er) as a result. We have different tastes and to me nothing is more attractive than people who love themselves. Have you ever approached a girl?

• Yes I have. I'm not very attractive looking so Its hard for me

• I've met a guy who hasn't really dated much and at first I didn't believe him. Now I kind of do believe him just because he is so bad at knowing when a girl likes him and such. Anyway, to answer your question, I don't know what it was but I found it to be kind of cute and I felt like I could relate. As long as the guy has a great personality and funny sense of humor, the people he's dated or hasn't dated don't really matter.

• In some cultures, like in Sweden, you don't usually go on dates. You meet people on parties or something like that and then you just hang. So I wouldn't see it as a big deal, because 'dates' in the old term isn't a thing where I live.

• Honestly, I think many people would be impressed. Being single for 22 years means you didn't give in to the pressure to settle down with the first girl who would open her legs to you in middle school math class. Now you have the freedom to go after any girl you want and the girls our age are at least slightly better than the ones you could have dated when you were younger. I really feel that not dating for so long will help you out in the long run.

Not everyone will be impressed, but that's because our world does not come without its batch of unthinking and shallow assholes. You shouldn't let that bother you though because why would you want to be with one of those people anyway?

• I think nothing.

• Nahh i wouldn't think of it any way I would think it would be cute that he never dated before and that she would be your first!

• That depends on the reason why he never dated before. Like, does he have social anxiety, was he too busy (with school or a sport or whatever), or is there some repelling quality he has that just makes all the girls stay away? Or is there something else?

• No problems of any sort. Not very talkative but easily initiates a conversation. No social anxiety. Friendly with everyone. Never gets angry

• Then I wouldn't think much of it, like you haven't dated before. Big deal.

• you're right it's nothing to be ashamed of I mean if you didn't ever find someone before that doesn't make you like behind on dating or whatever but you shouldn't listen to other people just try and find the right girl but if you don't find her then don't try and force it

• I would think you don't like chicks. I don't blame you. I am not sexually attracted to them either.

No seriously. I wouldn't think anything of it.

• What would you think about a 19 year old girl who has never dated before?

• I think that's really good. It's like you've been saving the date for a person that really means something to you even if it takes years

• 22 years old and never dated before!!!
    Quite weird, huh? Anyway, that maybe because he is a gay before or he didn't find anyone he loved or maybe he has a health problem.

• I personally wouldn't care.

• I don't see what is wrong with that. I agree with @bertmacklinfbi !

• dont worry... have you never liked anygirl that you might of met or know? if not its fine still single is good but i guess you should try get a girl if you would like to if not dont worry just let time go and when you're ready go for it
    You shouldn't be ashmed anyways -- cos thats normal so just let time go... :)))

• In today's society it's strange I find it indearing to be honest especially if you are out right in it people are stupid to think it's SUCH A BIG DEAL like, no it's MY LIFE CHOICE it has NOTHING to do with you if you feel convicted or ashamed that's YOUR bisness jeez good to you-!!

• I would honestly find it cute & might think that he just wasn't ready before for a relationship or/and wants to wait until he finds "the one".

• you're a catch darling

• More from Girls
    48

What Guys Said 7

• nothing wrong with it.

• I have to say depends on which girl. If she is hot or experienced in dating, regardless of looks, then they might not like an inexperienced guy as much. Inexperienced girls themselves probably will be fine. However, there is an exception in almost everything.

• I think he should start getting experience, it may be cute to be clueless in the beginning but shit would frustrate the ladies.

• dude don't worry you're not alone... i'm just like you and i'm 1 year older as well.

• Free. Forget what they would think. You're free. You can cuss like a sailor and jump out of a moving vehicle without an ear full. The sky is the limit. Welcome to backwards world. We are jealous of you. You're not unlucky. Why can't you see. No child support or child purport.

• this type of epidemic seems to be more common in men than women unfortunately

• Everyone here is lying out the ass, in reality any girl that found out would think you're weird. never ever let them know

• Lol.. I just started dating a guy that is 23 and has no experience, and I knew it before we started dating. Soooo no you are wrong -_-