A guy gave me his number.. not sure what to do?

I went to a hiking Meetup group and met several new people.. including one guy I talked to about 20 min. I thought he seemed very nice, but not attractive at all (I know it's shallow but he's also the same height as me). He later messaged me his # and to give him a text/call if I wanted to hang out. It's been 2 days & I'm still torn what to do.. should i contact & give him a chance, or not contact him (as I don't feel attracted at all)?

PLEASE READ: for those that are still posting "don't contact him", I've already contacted him AND I've already chose a MHO for this question..

Most Helpful Girl

• I've been in similar situation. The difference is he asked for my number when I was working (I used to work at Starbucks). Decided to ask him out cause I was bored (I know). But once I got to know him, he turned out to be the best man I've ever dated. If he's not that ugly, like he's okay, and him being nice is somewhat attractive to you, I'd say give it a chance.

• I decided to contact him, we'll see how it goes. Plus I figure I'm not gettin any younger, best to take any opportunities I can =P

• WOW he cancelled on me an hour before we were supposed to meet saying he had errands to run (and didn't offer to reschedule).. not that i was excited about it anyways but it seems kinda rude

• Oh wow that sucks. I'm sorry :(
      Well, if I were you I would ignore him from now on. It is rude.

@NightBlindness wow *Starbucks gilrs fist bump*! yeah. A saying "best things come when they're least expected" really defines that experience to me.

What Guys Said 17

• If you're not into him... don't contact him. Don't lead him on.

• I agree.
      Leading people on is a bit cruel.

• So you don't believe physical attraction can grow over time?

• Plus we are meeting tomorrow and I'm not gonna back out now at the last minute

• only hit him up if you want to do something with him. im gonna say its pretty obvious why he gave you his number but the unobvious reason is that he actually wants to do friendly activities together, that's still a big risk to take though. if you don't have any intentions hanging out with him or getting to know him then just leave it be.

• Shallow? I dated ugly before. If there comes a time where you just want to vomit and run away like it was a bad dream. That's not ugly that's butt ugly. Terrifying like some unwritten horror movie. Well how much can you kid yourself. I don't believe in shallow anymore. Shallow is an insult. Shallow is manipulation. Can you love that person or are with them just because they are ugly. I sometimes shutter inside when I see a horrible blob of a beast tearing some guy to his core. Then the cute kind overly overweight girl seems an obvious better option than the psychotic rich harpee. Bottom line. Who do you love.

• If I felt no connection at all I don't think I would accept a date. If this was a person I would see again by chance or social meetings I would try to reduce the awkwardness and just text them real quick and say thanks, but I am not interested.

• If you're sure nothing's gonna happen between both of you, and you're not gonna see him again, then don't call him. But if you think there's at least a small chance of something to happen, then call him, it's better to try and fail, than not try and wonder.
    Also, if you're gonna see him again (for example in another meeting), then you should call him if you want to avoid an awkward situation/conversation with him when you see him.

• This is simple. If you can't imagine kissing him, then don't call or text, even to say "thanks but no thanks". Just drop it. If you are together at the meetup again and he asks, just tell him, sorry, it's not going to work for you. Don't insult him, but make it clear that you aren't interested.

• Freak out and cry.

• He sounds like a chump... in the future just don't waste your time with any guy that gives you HIS number... make him ask for yours

• some guys are really shy and have a hard time asking girls for numbers, but past all of that stuff they can be some of the best boyfriends (basically myself)

• Call him maybe?

• Maybe he just wants to be friends.

• Don't call him just because you feel sorry for him.

• Use it if you are going to go through with the plans.

• Give it a try, you're obviously somewhat thinking about him.

• If he's god you can give him chance ulgy is not porblem

• Neglect him and do not give him a chance to contact you.

• If you're not attracted you can still have him as a friend.

• Definitely give him him a call or text back. You never know your chances until you try.

What Girls Said 22

• 1. you intend to call him if you have any hiking Qs for him and will explain this to him at next face-face opportunity

If pressed harder for why not calling
    2. you are busy this season
    3. a BF (or potential one) has your complete focus right now
    4. you know some gals that might want to contact him... if OK to share his number with them?

What beach do you love &/or frequent?

• There's nothing wrong with a guy being the same height as you, it shouldn't come into it. Don't give him a chance, as in lead him on, if you don't like him. You can't assume he wants to date you, he may just be hoping for a friendship. You only spoke for 20 minutes so he's hardly fallen for you and he may even have a girlfriend. I would text him and if he gets flirty, tell him straight away that you don't want it to go any further than a friendship but for now, assume it's a friendship thing.

• Ok I wasn't totally honest in my description.. it was a hiking group for singles. So I assume he doesn't have a girlfriend?

• In that case, just don't respond.

• Looks fade, personality will always remain. You can give it a try but if you KNOW it's not going to work after, then you can decide so then. In my opinion, you look more respectable if you give someone a chance as opposed to not even giving them a second look.

• Give him a chance! Hang out with him once or twice before you make a final decision :) If you don't like how things are turning out, then just explain to him that'd you'd just like to be friends! It's better than just flat out rejecting him lol good luck xoxo

• Friendzoning is worse than just letting a guy go. If you let him go, you can do it without sounding like you hate him, but usually when girls try too hard to imply they want to be friends they just end up friendzoning the guy as he continues to hope things might improve down the line. Its more cruel than just letting him go. Like catching a fish and leaving him to suffocate.

• Guys need to learn how to be friends with girls. There's other kinds of relationships than a romantic one. Why does it always have to be either romantic or nothing? To be someone's friend isn't cruel.

• I'd give him a chance if i were you, you may become attracted to him after knowing him better, he may surprise you

• Well, if you aren't attracted.. then don't contact him. Don't make him think you may be interested by texting anyway :)

• if you like him to date yeah call him, but if you dont, dont call him and get his hopes up or else his heart will be broken later

• OMG I've dealt with guys like that. They come off very desperate sometimes. Try to keep it in the friend zone when you guys talk. And if he is trying to make it something more just tell him nicely that you don't see him that way. If he keeps stepping out of the friend zone and you get irritated stop texting him all together.

• That sounds cruel and horrible! Why would you friendzone a guy who likes you instead of doing the humane thing and setting him free? Thats like suffocating fish without eating them!

• I would say its up to you with how you feel. But dont just base people by their looks. Yeah that might be part of infatuation but people should really go after people cuz their personality and not looks. Otherwise it's not nice or fair.

• It depends on u. If u think u want to do things together with him, call him. But if u think he is not attractive, don't contact him.

• Just politely decline. He might be a bit disappointed at first but he'll get over it quickly.

• From experience, don't settle if you're not into him. It turns out bad and you lead him on. He will find someone else that finds him attractive, and so will you!!

• Tear it up. If he wants to reach you, he will find a way.

• You never know, you might somehow be attracted to him or just be really great friends

• Prank call him.

• Now that you have his number, all you need to do is NEVER call him

• years contact him. It should be fun.

• Don't do it. First of all, he's not even man enough to ask YOU for YOUR number.

• Just call him

• I don't think you should contact him if your not interested in him.

• Don't worry and nothing saying you have to text him

• You should forward his number to some telemarketers they will appreciate your hospitality