Mexican-American girls: do your families discourage you from dating outside your ethnicity/culture?

I'm just wondering if Mexican-American families actively discourage their daughters from dating a white guy. I know family and cultural preservation is really big with Mexican families, so I'm curious how much of this spills over into the dating lives of the girls.

Most Helpful Girl

• For my family, we don't do that. My mom's family is Mexican and my dad's is white, and her family has never said anything was wrong with that. I've also never been told what ethnicity is okay to date and which isn't. The only thing I've been told is that what matters the most is how the person you're dating treats you. Plus, I also have friends whose parents have come from Mexico and as far as I know, they can date whomever they want.

What Girls Said 1

• Not at all. My mom has always been supportive of my east Asian and white bfs. She cool like that :)

What Guys Said 1

• Look around and there's your answer