Why does a guy make plans for a second date he doesn't want to follow through with?

I was talking to a guy and he asked me on a coffee date. When we went he kept eye contact, smiled a lot, asked me a lot of questions, seemed very interested and it went very well. Afterwards he texted me and asked me if I would see him again, I said yes and we texted for the rest of the day. That night I said to let me know the next day when he was available. He never did and a couple days later I texted him and he responded with very short, uninterested responses so I stopped and haven't talked to him since. I just don't understand why he would take the time out to ask me to hang out again if he was uninterested, couldn't he have just not talked to me?

What Guys Said 1

• he probably found some other chick he likes better and just lost intrest

What Girls Said 1

• either something happened to him or he's just a player. don't waste energy thinking about that, if he's genuine he'll apologize and ask you out again.