What age is to old to date?

Okay I'm 18. I work with a guy that is 18 years older than me. (he's 36). I was wondering do you think that is to big of an age difference to get involved?

He has a kid older than me.
He has been divorced. 2ce.

Most Helpful Girl

• Make sure he is not trying to use or manipulate you, for that is fairly common with huge age gaps. Remember that you two are at completely different places in life, he has a kid older than you are, and you shouldn't even have to worry about the whole family planning thing.

I would not recommend a relationship with this big of gap. But thing of it as place in life, not age. You are in high school / freshly out of high school, have all of your twenties and young adult life ahead, potentially college, career building, young romance and wedding, honeymoon, children. And he is already done with all of those phases.

What Guys Said 7

• You guys are in total different life stages. He's experienced things u haven't yet. There's very little you're going to have in common with him. He has a kid older than you? If you're a decent person that should stop you in your tracks. Plus he should know better too. Do what u want but don't expect anything serious from it. What u CAN expect are the cradle robber jokes to commence if u guys do actually date\hook up

• i think more than 10 years of life experience is way too much to be able to really connect. especially if you are that young.

• i'm 33 and i've asked to go out by girls around 18... so i think age doesn't really matter if you know what you're doing

• All up to the individual. Women love older men in general anyways.

• Yes!! Way too big 28 would be really pushing it

• Nvr is too old.. enjoy life before it's over 💖

• When you're dead

What Girls Said 8

• If he has a kid older than you he must have been a teenage parent.

No age is too old to date because relationships can end at any time.

However seeing that he is 36, and coming from a divorce.
    It would make sense that he's just looking for a good time with you and nothing serious.

• Yes it would feel weird to date a guy that age , almost as old as a dad. Unless you really feel some genuine connection...

• I think it's a little sketchy that a 36yo is trying to hit it off with an 18yo. The fact that he has a daughter that's *older than you* is especially off-putting. Imagine her seeing her father come home with a young girl like that, I bet she'd be... disturbed, to say the least.
    I don't mean to be a downer, but honestly, I feel like people with *that* much of an age difference are in completely different stages of life, and I doubt there would be much in common between you two. Hell, I'm 23 and I wouldn't even date anyone over 30 because our lives would be in two completely different spots. think about it: he's already lived *two* of your lifetimes.

• It may not work out in the long run but can you really predict that with any relationship? If feelings are there it's always worth a chance. Just be cautious because he has a lot of baggage (I hate using that term but in this situation, being divorced and having kids, you have to make sure you're ready for that).

• It all depends on the maturity level, my boyfriend is 18 years older than I am and it's working out really well. As long as both parties are interested and don't care what people say then it could work out

• Probably not a good idea if you have little dating experience.

• it all depends on the two of you and your situations, where you both are in your lives.

• 18 is definitely at the end of the spectrum, in my opinion. If you guys were older, I could see it. But I think 18 is too young to have that big of an age gap. I'm 20 and I couldn't date a guy that was 36(I don't think anyway). But that's just me, it's probably different for every person. Just do what feels best for you, and frig everyone else who thinks differently :D