Girls, does a guy being nervous while asking you out turn you off?

I was about to ask out a cute girl I saw working at the mall today, but right before I said anything about it, the pit in my stomach got too huge and I figured I was too nervous to pull it off, so I wussed out. She was really nice and I was talking to her when she was ringing me up. She may have been flirting with me it's hard for me to tell. She seemed like a shy, geeky sort of girl, which I love. I honestly think I would have had a good shot if I asked, IM kicking myself right now. IM able to talk completely fine, it's just crossing that gap from small talk to asking out that I crumble. IM thinking about going back next week, but I know IM going to be nervous. Girls, if a guy seems really nervous, would that be a turnoff? My self esteem is pretty solid, better than average, I just feel super awkward asking someone out. I overthink it too much.

Most Helpful Girl

• Haha i think its cute when you get nervous, it shows you care, or interested i guess you could say- but i think it's adorable! :) & i get super nervous when i talk to guys too (the ones that interest me) & my hands start to shake & my face turns red & my heart races quickly- I don't know if that's attractive or whatever- but I personally don't like how nervous i get, but if a guy gets nervous in front of a girl he likes i think its really cute :)

• I would love it if a girl was nervous talking to me. IM probably just overthinking it to be honest. I just have to go back next week and do it. I just never know when to bring that part of the conversation in, or what to say exactly. Hey can I have your number sounds lame and it would be awkward if I randomly asked her what she was doing over the weekend

• Well since you're friends with her, you can start by just starting a regular conversation, & once you' guys have been done talking you could say: "hey i was wondering if you'd like to get lunch with me?" Or "hey, i was thinking of watching this movie at the theaters! I heard it really good! Maybe we should see it!" Or something like that

What Girls Said 1

• NO IT'S FUCKIN' ADORABLE.

What Guys Said 1

• Most girls wouldn't like it, but there are exceptions some girls do like shy guys the fact that you still build up the courage to ask still takes confidence and balls at least in my opinion.