If a guy wants to have drinks & go dancing on first date does that mean he just wants sex?

I met a guy online we chatted for a couple weeks, I deleted my profile and he found me on fb then asked me out. We were supposed to go bowling but had to reschedule. He asked if I like to dance and suggested drinks and dancing,.. is he just trying to get laid?

• yes
  • no
  • maybe because there's always an "other"!
I am just going to go and try to have a good (safe) time. After all I'm not looking for my next husband just yet! If sex is the ultimate goal oh well; I have no intention of sleeping with anyone anytime soon. I didn't get the impression that he was just after sex but when I think alcohol + clubs + dancing.. I think sex!

Most Helpful Guy

• Most likely no. Dancing and drinks is a standard first date type thing just like dinner and a movie. You said he suggested bowling first, something he is probably comfortable with personally, but then someone probably told him his date would find it "lame" (most women I know would) so he panicked and came up with something that would be a better first date option. Can't say he isn't with 100% certainty, but most likely this is what happened.

What Guys Said 2

• It probably means he is going to try to have sex with you. Or it means he wants to see how you dance, but that is probably highly unlikely

• It means he wants to have drinks and dance with you first.

What Girls Said 3

• Yeah, most gals would kill for a date like that and many wives wait years for it
    so what about
    don't worry
    say NO if sex is not OK

• i think u just need to be careful when it comes to drinking and meeting up with him! don't get drunk with him! and don't meet him on ur own

• I highly doubt that he JUST wants sex, sure that is probably one of his reasons but the fact that he's taking you on a date suggested that that's not all he wants.