Should I ask her out now that she's single or nah?

So one of my best friends apparently found herself single or "on break" or whatever. I guess she's not really sure. I don't know the details because I didn't ask besides to make sure she's ok. She's bi and I'm lesbian and we're really good friends. I like her and have for a while but I don't know what she thinks or what she's planning to do regarding her ex boyfriend or boyfriend on break or whatever it is at this point. She and I are graduating high school this year and actually might move together out of state and just go with the flow as neither of us have post graduation plans while the rest of our peers and friends are leaving for colleges and stuff. Should I ask her out? Should I wait? I don't want to loose my chance but I don't want to be a jerk because she's my friend and he is too and I actually helped get them together in the first place. I want what's best for her but I don't know how to do this kind of thing tbh. I've been single for 2 years and actually haven't asked a girl out before so... Yea.

What Guys Said 1

• Yes, take advantage of moment.

What Girls Said 1

• I would wait awhile since she is unsure where she is exactly whether on “break” or not. Otherwise, you might be setting yourself up for hurt. I would have to say it’s a no. Find someone who is available and worthy of your energy.