How do you know if you met the one?

It's like love in first sight or something like that or falling head over heals.

Most Helpful Girl

• You don't. Love is a gamble.

What Guys Said 8

• I know it's going to come off as cynical, but I'm a strong believer in the fact that there is no such thing as "the one".

A relationship requires work and cultivation. Yes, there are some that we are more attracted to and our personalities perfectly "click", but in my experience making the assumption that a person is "the one" absolves you of putting in all the real work that is required. There's likely thousands of people in the world that you could end up with and be perfectly happy and fulfilled.

I'd say to worry less about such prophecy and pour your heart into it if it's what you really want. Be happy and don't settle for second best.

• you'll just know. and maybe years later.. you'll get bit in the ass or forever remain in that bubble. its a hit or miss really.

• no, its time. When new relationships start, it always starts out being perfect. Kissing in public and bae this and that. After 1 year it starts to settle in. Most people have a cover-up of who they are until they get some exp under the belt... example: like a person applying for a new job somewhere and they act overly-interested in working, then a few months down the line, they're calling off or trying to quit. Time is what tells in this case. You never know who may be "the one" but the surest way to find out is to give it time i would say at least 2-3 years

• When you don't have to question how you know.

• They're always the one until things go sour.

• Yes it is love at first sight!

• If they can fly one of those little Jedi ships into a small hole going 498mph.

• 0|0

What Girls Said 3

• When I realize we bring the best of each other.

• It's usually the guy who doesn't try to get rid of you.

• I don't think you ever truly know. Things and people change. They might be the one one year and then two years down the travk they're not.