Do you think it's harder for short men or tall women?

In terms of finding a partner.

• Harder for short men
  • Harder for tall women

Most Helpful Guy

• This isn't even a question. Short men have it leagues harder than tall women do.

There is something of a stigma about a guy being with a girl who is taller than he is. This stigma exists almost entirely because of girls, not guys. Women want tall guys (some prefer tall, some actually require it) almost universally. For the most part, guys really do not care about their partners' height, save for that stigma.

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/Story?id=123853&page=2
    "The women always chose the tall men. Sherr asked whether there'd be anything she could say that would make the shortest of the men, who was 5 feet, irresistible. One of the women replied, 'Maybe the only thing you could say is that the other four are murderers.'"

Short guys are mocked and ridiculed regularly. The stigma for asking out a girl who's taller than you is so strong, most guys don't do it simply as a rule. Short guys have a hard time finding a partner because girls require that the guy be tall. Tall girls have a hard time finding a partner because they also require a guy that's tall. A common benchmark for male height is 6'0 or taller: that cuts out about 85% of the world's population of males.

Have some short guy hate to tide you over.
    https://twitter.com/heightismxposed

What Guys Said 14

• I am neither of those things, so I can't speak from experience. However, I would imagine it's about equal. There is a social stigma regarding tall woman/short man relationships, which would affect them equally.

According to tradition, men are supposed to be taller than women in a relationship, as they are the protectors. This can make it equally difficult for a tall (6'0"+) woman to find a guy, just as it would be difficult for a short (5'4"-) man to find a girl.

• when you say short and tall? give us an example.

you might consinder a 5'8" guy short, and a 5'6" girl tall... which isn't true at all.

• I was referring to guys under 5'6 and girls over 5'9.

• I can't say there are too many men out there who likes to be dwarfed by a huskily big gal.
    So probably gonna be harder for them

• Probably harder for short men. I don't meet too many men who care about their girlfriends' heights. A man 4 inches shorter than normal will have a harder time than a woman 4 inches taller than normal.

Of course, women have it harder in certain other aspects of finding a partner.

• there's more short men than taller women so... maybe A

• It's harder for men in general, so I would lean to the shorter guy.

• It's not that hard for me to get a girl to go on a date with me and I'm short so... Taller women?

• I know tall women who get dates meanwhile all TheWiseOwl gets is rejected (the Owl is rather short). :P

• Harder for short men.

• harder for short men

• no, i prefer tall women..

• Short men since most if not practically all women want a tall guy.

Tall girls make it hard on themselves since most refuse to date somebody shorter than themselves

• Short men, since women are far more stubborn and picky when it comes to partners. They hardly ever settle.

• "I don't really care at all. As long as she's not substantially taller or substantially shorter, then it's not something that I would ever care about."
    I just made that (completely honest) comment on another thread. How many women could say the same? It's much harder for short men.

What Girls Said 8

• It's harder for tall women, I think. Even if she's into short guys, those guys likely won't want to be with her because she's taller. Some guys also seem to think that tall women are manly and not feminine at all (which is bullshit by the way).

• Men want to have small petite girls because it feeds into their protective side.

• I would happily date a taller woman than me (I'm 5'6) and I asked a girl out and she was around 6'0 and she turned me down (I don't know if it was because of my height), so there are short men like me around who will ask a taller girl out but from what I have read on GAG and heard elsewhere taller women often find short men unappealing

• I'm going to guess tall women because I'm thinking there may be more short girls than tall guys? But I have no idea. No one should care about height anyway!

• I think harder for a shorter guy.

• Short men I guess. But in my real world experience all the short guys I know have zero trouble getting girlfriends, even tall ones. My best guy friend is probably 5'5"and consistently dates girls 5'7" and taller.
    I knew a guy who was 5'6" and a player.
    One guy I went to school with was only five feet tall and still pulled really pretty girls.

• I once heard someone say "I would never date a tall girl because if we get in an argument she'll stick my phone on top of the fridge." So I would say tall girls.

• Short men since women are more picky

• Yeeeeeah, no. Men are way more picky. I agree short guys have it harder then tall women, but how many times do you see fat guys with girlfriends? For me it's a lot. How many times do you see fat women with boyfriends? For me it's not a lot. Guys are way more picky.

• That's because women care way more about height - which, unlike weight, cannot be changed.

• @GamerQueen95 you have a point but I still think that girls still value more things other than looks really. I mean aren't there more financially stable guys in relationships rather than broke guys? But in terms of looks, yeah guys are more shallow.

@noahsdev regardless, both genders are still shallow.

• I think it's harder for short men. There's too many women who prefer tall men.

• I would say it's probably equal. This (ridiculous) idea that the guy has to be taller exists in our society, so girls who are taller than guys are stuck, and guys that are shorter than girls are stuck.

Girls want a guy taller than them but there are a lot of short girls out there. I'm 5'2" so most guys are taller than me. I've date a guy who was 5'5". I also know a guy who is shorter than me (maybe he is 5' or 5'1") and I think he's really cute. He's in a relationship with a short girl.

So short guys just need to find a girl who is shorter and tall girls just need to find a guy who is taller. Or they can both just find someone who doesn't care (and trust me, there are plenty of girls and guys who don't care about their partner's height.)