Is it ok to ask a guy on a date?

So this guy i like has tried to ask me on a date but then backed out of it when i said that i had other things going on that day. He is suuuuuper shy and is it ok for me, the female, to ask him on a date? or is that completley taboo and out of the question

• just freaking ask him its cool
  • no no no no no
  • it depends what kind of date

Most Helpful Guy

• It's sad that girls don't recognize their place in society anymore. He needs to ask you.

What Guys Said 3

• Honestly, i find most men dont mind at all if a woman asks them out especially us shy guys. Most of the resistance to the idea comes from women, why I can't say.

• Nothing wrong with that! If you don't it probably won't happen. Go for it. If he already tried he won't say no!

• Bruh its cool you can ask, your doing him a big huge favour

What Girls Said 3

• It's ok, but personally i wouldn't do it, i would just flirt with him so he asks me out, i like the guy to take the lead, not bc i'm not confident but bc it's just more exciting when he's the one who comes to me, it makes me feel more confident and feminine, and plus i love flirting

• DO IT WOMAN. GIRL POWER U GOT THIS

• Yes! He will be relieved that you as, ed, so he doesn't have to again.