Why on a date am I embarrassed to eat in front of a girl?

Like I'm scared I'm gonna drop food on myself abd she's gonna think I'm a pig or I don't know how to eat properly

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm exactly the same when I'm on a date with a guy! I hate eating in front of my current crush because I hate when I get food stuck in my teeth or that I drop food everywhere... you are not alone. Its nice to know guys go through this. :P

What Girls Said 4

• You'll get over it.
    If she doesn't like you because of the way you eat... don't bother with her.

• just eat finger food, dont go for the sloppy joe on the first date lol..
    order or make a bunch on small bite sized appetizers.

• Its sweet that your worried about that. Just be you and if she doesn't like you because you dropped food than she's not worth your time. I think most girls would laugh though a (not in a mean way).

• You answered your own question. Just learn proper table manners.

• Otherwise known as dumb, useless formalities created by rich people and conformed to by poor people.

• It depends what you mean by eating like a slob. Eating with your mouth open is gross we all know that, but some people take proper "table manners" BS way too far. I. E https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRL8xVjXK_w

• No, that's extreme but, eating with manners is important. I hate seeing people eating with their hands (not finger goods obviously) and stuffing good in their mouth and licking their fingers - that's all gross.
      @randomstudent

What Guys Said 2

• You just answered your own question?
    Your scared of dropping food and looking like a pig.

• Wait, weren't you just asking a ton of questions suggesting you're basically feeling beneath girls a few days ago?

• I still feel the same way this is just by chance I was somehow able to get a date one day