Who are the better drivers, women or men?

My boyfriend and I got into a fun debate. Who are the better drivers, women or men?

0|1
5|18

Most Helpful Girl

• Neither. Men have better visual spatial skills, but also are more likely to be reckless. Women's spatial skills aren't quite as good, but are more prudent and have better peripheral vision.

2|1
    0|0
    • Good points. We don't tend to take as many risks, but they have better spatial skills.

• Probably better coordination, on average too. But women are somewhat less likely to be driving 120 mph or drunk or both, etc.

What Guys Said 18

• the one with more experience behind the wheel

1|1
    0|0
  • Women have less accidents, say the insurance companies
    business.nbcnews.com/.../10142027-insurance-study-women-are-better-drivers-than-men
    www.nbclosangeles.com/.../...-Study-137202638.html

But then, women do lower mileages, drive more in suburbs.

0|0
    0|1
    • I do about 40 miles a day! I do about 300 miles a week, driving in the country, city and motorways.

• www.theglobeandmail.com/.../

A possible explanation is women are crashing into the wall of their own garage, or mounting concrete blocks in parking lots, clipping mirrors - stuff that might not be claimed on insurance since it's cheaper to have it repaired yourself. Guys meanwhile don't do things by halves, we CRASH!

• allstate commercial.

• most racers are male... :o :o

0|1
    0|1
  • According to hollywood: Men
    Genetically: Men.
    Practically: Depends on practice, skill & talent.

0|1
    0|0
  • Technical driving skills on average men do, but we tend to be more impatient and speed more so we get into more accidents.

0|1
    0|0
  • How dare you ask that? LoL

1|0
    0|0
  • women.. bar none *ducks so he dont start a gender war*

0|1
    0|0
  • Both are terrible once they've had enough to drink/smoke

0|0
    0|0
  • Men drive fast; women drive safe lol :P

0|2
    0|1
  • *stays on the sidelines and watches the war*

0|0
    0|0
  • Donkey cart drivers or sex drivers?

0|1
    0|1
  • Women don't have that cold blood. I think men. It is in their genetics..

0|0
    0|0
  • Women are far better at everything.

0|0
    0|0
  • The most comprehensive study ever on the subject found women are worse drivers than men. Women get in more car crashes and cause more car crashes, despite driving less than men.

www.syracuse.com/.../...than_men_less_driving.html

0|0
    0|1
  • $20,000 on Danica Patrick that she is a better driver than your boyfriend in a controlled driving environment.

Any takers?

0|0
    0|1
  • according to every joke ever made, men

1|1
    0|0
  • Two words: Spatial intelligence

1|2
    0|1
    • I will give you this. Most men are more spatially intelligent than most women. There are exceptions. Women tend to be more verbal.

• There's a commercial on the t. v. that says women are, buttttt trying telling that to an Asian

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• I prefer to drive unless it's really bad and then I prefer that my stepdad drive, but he's a professional bus driver so he has an advantage.
    Actually, thinking back, I've always felt slightly better with male drivers, mostly because they seem more confident... or with myself driving. That said, I don't think women are worse drivers - I just prefer less hesitancy (but still defensive driving).

1|0
    0|0
    • The flip side of women not taking as many risks is that we do hesitate more. Right?

• Show All
    • Also, my brother keeps a running tally of bad drivers and the overwhelming majority are white guys (admittedly women could just be relatively mediocre and men could dominate the high and low ends of driving... buuuut...)

• I would say I'm a good driver. I like cars and I'm a bit of a tomboy so I can be a "boy" racer at times. My male friends haven't got their licenses yet but they're ready for their tests and they often show their nerves about certain things when I'm driving and about things I was never nervous about before I could drive. I would say we're about the same. I have seen guys aged 17/18 driving at 50mph on the motorway, blocking the middle lane, whilst I go past at 70mph so they can be just as nervous about the roads as women are stereotyped to be.

0|0
    0|0
  • I choose Batman.

1|1
    0|0
  • Men. By far.

1|0
    0|1