Males: Are you intimidated by smart, successful and independent women?

Please share your thoughts.

0|0
2|8

Most Helpful Girl

• While many guys won’t admit it, yes some of them sincerely are intimidated by smart, successful, independent women. This is because they realize they can’t reach a certain level in a conversation with her: they’re not mentally equipped. Perhaps they feel they can only achieve so much success so being next to her is like the hungry who can’t reach the apple then you’ve got someone next to you with barrels full of apples and empty barrels ready for more! Some guys are successful but it’s an ego thing and their ego is too huge for them to actually be with someone who’s on their level. They need someone less successful so that person can remind them how good they’re doing. Independence can be threatening because a lot of guys like the feeling of girls depending on them, it makes them feel masculine and strong. However other times, independent women are just conceited b*tches lol They ooze cockiness, possess zero humility, and make a guy feel like he has to jump hurtles to prove he can stay in her lane which would really get annoying.

1|0
    0|3

What Guys Said 8

• No. I would admire her, if she is genuinely that way (though often women are described that way who aren't).

0|0
    0|0
    • Women are turned on by powerful men. But, men aren't turned on by powerful women. But, that doesn't mean that men are intimidated by powerful women.

• Good answer ;)

• I feel like if a guy is intimidated as opposed to seeing it as admirable then maybe perhaps he has a superiority complex thinking based on the two sexes? That's not good.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why would a smart woman be intimidating?

0|1
    0|1
  • No, I expect it... Apparently I have high expectations

0|0
    0|0
  • i'm not at all

0|0
    0|0
  • We're not intimidated by "smart, successful and independent" women.

It's more a matter of being put off by the attitude toward men that usually comes along with a woman who calls herself "smart, successful and independent".

Meeting a woman with that "I don't need a man" attitude is about as pleasant as stepping in dog poop when barefoot.

1|1
    0|1
  • Yes, we are. We feel our inferiority with a woman like that. But that's okay. We men are inferior creatures. Women are far superior.

3|0
    0|1
  • If I was stupid, unsuccessful and dependent I might be.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• I'm a 30 year old engineering tech. I own my own home and car. I love alone with my pets. I also have 3 part time jobs for fun.

When I'm out having a good time I get hit on. I'm always polite and try not to say too much about my career because "woman engineer" turned so many men off.

Thankfully I met a wonderful man a few years ago that loves and respects my intelligence, career and independence :-)

0|0
    0|0