Dating emergency please help!!! ?

The guy im totally interested in likes my best friend and not me!!! To make matters worse i think she's starting to like him back!!! I dont knowwhat to do i would hate to lose a best friend over a guy but thats what it looks like is going to happen. Please give some advice on what to do she knew i liked him first

Most Helpful Girl

• If i knew a guy liked my friend i would let it go, purely because i can't stand to be sloppy seconds. I need to feel like a princess who comes first in a guys eyes. You have a gorgeous smile and a pretty face, i would invest yourself into someone who notices you first and not your friend. Does your friend know you like him? Seriously though you are a good catch, make sure you come first in his mind or you will always be looking over your shoulder.

What Guys Said 5

• I know its harsh but you have to take a step back and realise that what you're saying is incredibly selfish. Having a crush on someone shouldn't make that person off limits to your friends until the end of time, especially if they have the possibility of making something out of it while you don't.

Its the equivalent of going 'Yeah, see that cookie? Well i want it but i can't eat it now or potentially ever. Just thought i'd let you know that none of you can either.' Do you appreciate the selfishness in that?

Trust me, I know where you're coming from. The same thing happened to me at least 3 times during highschool and it sucks but you genuinely just have to grow up and realise that life isn't a Disney movie and things dont always go according to your plan.

If you dont let it go and try to stop your friend going for a guy she's starting to like then you'll still ruin your friendship with her and chances are they'll still end up talking to each other and maybe progressing to eventually dating. Growing up and accepting that he's not all that into you is really the only option you have.

• well considering she's your bestfriend u can let it go
    we all have to sacrifice a little for friends

• If your best friend really cared about you she shouldn't try dating the
    same guy you like i mean that's like a kick in the face ( no offense)
    she should say like a woman.. I know you like him so i will step side
    until we can make some type of agreement cause after all we are
    best friends

• You don't call dibs on a guy. You also don't lose your friend over one unless YOU choose to. You're too old to be acting like this, and it would be pretty stupid behaviour if you were 12.

• Make a move.

What Girls Said 3

• wow I think if your best friend is trying to get your crush that's fucked up and totally against girl code you shouldn't be with none off them

• I know right!!! I am soooo fuckin pissed right now she knows im highly upset and i told her that its fucked up because this guy she liked once wanted me but i told him no and i set boundaries. She seen it herself and now she goes and does this shit to me? Wth

• You can't help it if she starts liking the guy you're interested in, and she can't either. Try to respect her feelings and don't let a friendship be ruined over a guy.

• Let her have him, no guy is worth losing a friend over.