Am I cursed to be alone forever?

Throughout my life, I've never had a real relationship. I admit, I've had a couple flings, but those girls ended up using me to simply make themselves feel better. Now, as a upperclassman in college, I feel so alone. I see a lot of the other students here with beautiful and happy relationships. And I want that. Yet, I'm always alone. Girls find me creepy because I'm a nerd, I'm an introvert, and I'm ugly. Everytime I actually get the courage to talk to one, I'm brushed off, or worse, used and forgotten about. I sometimes think that God, or whatever you want to call him, forgot to make a girl for me. I've tried dating services and what not, but I haven't met anyone on them. I just don't know what to do. What do you all think? What should/can I do to fix anything? Thanks everyone.

Most Helpful Girl

• You're 18-24, I doubt you've been around long enough to say that there's nobody for you.
    You don't have to change anything, you just have to be patient.

• My parents, grandparents, great grandparents all met in high school. This is the only period in history where an unmarried person in their 20's is normal. We were designed to find love young. And I just can't figure it out.

• Yea, I know what you mean. I think about that myself sometimes to. Well, as you said yourself, it is normal these days so it's not just you. I do know though, for males and females both, finding someone decent to settle down with at a young age is becoming increasingly difficult, it does get easier with age though. I think most people in their thirties have stopped the partying and whole "yolo" lifestyle, and are more focused on family and career, whereas for the first time in history people in their twenties want more fun and parties and get it all out their system before they settle down with a partner and a career.
      That's just what it looks like to me, I'm not in my thirties so I'm just guessing, but that's what it seems like.

It's not just you, trust me. You've got time. Just try not to get too down about it, easier said than done I know, but if you focus on other things it makes it easier.

What Girls Said 4

• welcome to my world buddy

• Go out and meet people in a neutral environment and see if it goes anywhere. Sometimes the best relationships come from friendships :) don't give up

• I feel bad for u :-(

• same here.. and it has nothing to do with your looks.. or what your into.. maybe the right girl hasn't walked into your life yet.. give it time. you never know, it will happen when u least expect it :)

What Guys Said 4

• ...

i336.photobucket.com/.../NPH-SHRUG.gif

...

Love isn't for everyone my friend. Gotta deal with the cards that you're dealt.

• just keep trying. why would you think you are doomed for this kind of life at such a young age. there's no point to feel like this yet.

• Maybe not today or maybe not tomorrow but someday you will feel happy.. Hang on there.

• what is your current age?