Should I just give up on finding a girlfriend?

My dating life has been... lack luster to say the least. Most girls think I'm a creep because I'm fat and ugly. I'm tired of always being alone. I've been used by every girl I've ever talked to. I just feel hopeless now. I'm actually even thinking about just becoming asexual. Just forget about dating all together. I've tried before, but I always convince myself that "maybe this time will be different". And it never is any different.

Most Helpful Guy

• I know how it feels, I have been through the same thing. I am 32 and never had a girlfriend and just been treated like I am the scum of the earth by girls non stop. The last time I was treated like I am the scum of the earth was last night. I am a nice, kind and caring person so I do not deserve to be treated like this. I believe the reason I am treated like this is because I am ugly and only 5ft7 high. I believe if I was a guy that had abs, muscles and was 6ft2 high I would have no problem in the dating world. This is why I have pretty much given up.

What Girls Said 4

• You can't expect anyone to love you, until you love yourself. It would also be unfair for you to start a relationship with self images issues and impose them on your significant other, thats not what they signed up for. The only person who determines your self worth and happiness is you. And to give someone the power of control whether or not you're worthy is a very dangerous, slippery slope. I say spend time with yourself first before you spend time with anyone else romantically. When you feel good, the people around start to feel good as well, and thats how you get women to gravitate towards you and form genuine connections.

• I totally understand trust me and honestly no you shouldn't give up. Your probably a really sweet guy and there is some girl out there that will see you for you. Call me a hopeless romantic but I do believe their is someone for everyone despite what most people may think. I've been hurt too but I'm still trying. Don't give up but with the girls , they just didn't deserve you , I know that's cliche, but it's true and it's something I had to learn the hard way. Take your time dating and I'm hoping for the best for you!

• I don't think you should give up at all. But what I do think is that you should let the girl find you, instead of you looking for her. There's someone for everyone and yours will come along. But in the meantime, just be patient and let her come to you. :)

• Why would I date you? You don't even like yourself. I doubt you've been USED by every girl you've ever talked to. Is having a girlfriend the only thing that gives you self worth? I think you should stop looking and concentrate more on finding out why you're feeling unworthy.

• Maybe I feel unworthy because girls have deemed me unworthy. I have a moderately high level of self esteem. I'm smart, I driven, I'm talented in multiple fields. I know this. Girls know this. So what repels them? Can you tell me that?

• I'm not trying to be mean here, I'm trying you tell you, YOU are the common denominator in all the women you've dated so I can only suggest you try to look at yourself and figure out why it keeps happening.

My guess is not all women will find you resuplive but that's what you tell yourself, which backfires because it only crushes your self esteem. You are the only person on this planet with control of how you want to think and use your brain.

I'm sure you don't find all women attractive, and lots of people date with trials of good and bad experiences ( sometimes it's bad, bad, bad, good! While other times it's good, bad, good, bad...). instead of thinking the worst reason why relationships aren't working you can decide to say, "ok, well on to the next and next time I can do this differently, or I won't date someone who does this or that...".

Everybody gets their heart crushed by someone but you pick yourself up and move on because you are worthy of a loving relationship.

What Guys Said 3

• Watch these guys my friend... there is hope! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7PAYhmoKkA

• what is your age?

• My dating life has been pretty terrible as well. I honestry believe that not one female has not given me a chance. and I hold some blame to as I am not one to go out that much, so I don't put myself out there as much as I should. but I know I am great guy and I have a lot to give to someone. so that one person that does give me a chance is going feel like the best girl in the world. I am not the best looking but I am not the worst looking either, I rather treat someone nicely rather then play the asshole role. so maybe you should work on yourself first by exercising, which will make you feel better about yourself.

I had dark times too where I thought it was hopeless but I really learned that you can't force people to like you, they either do or don't so if they don't it is their lost because they aren't giving a chance to get to know me. It is really easy say that things we will work out, you just have to put yourself in a better place.