Girls, do you find watchin anime and playing video games unattractive hobbies?

If you were interested in a guy but found out that he likes those kind of things would you lose interest? Some of my female friends say it's okay but the media seems to like bashing and nerds and geeks. Even the Japanese make fun of anime fans in their own animes.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• I love watching anime and playing videogames. I wouldn't consider that unattractive. I love science and reading as well. I guess I'm a geek and nerd. I wouldn't lose interest at all. It'd give us more to talk about :)
    I'd probably become more interested just cuz we have so many overlapping hobbies.
    I guess it's not a requirement, but more like a plus for me.

What Girls Said 16

• Do I enjoy them? No not at all. I find them boring as hell. But my boyfriend likes them. So he watches anime and plays his video games and I fall asleep. It works.

It was kind of funny - over Christmas I was at his house and his sisters and their husbands came home and all the guys are video game/anime nerds and were playing their games and the girls were sitting on the couch watching and being supportive and shit and his dad had to come wake us all up for dinner because his sisters and I all fell asleep out of boredom.

Doesn't mean we love the guys any less though.

• Video games I have no problem with, I get the attraction there. Anime is just not my thing, some girls out there do really like it though so don't go changing! You need to find a fellow geeky girl to nerd out to movies with and play games side by side.

• Are you kidding me? I love anime. I guess there's a stereotype but it's sad because I'm sure most of those who believe those stereotypes have not even given anime a shot. I find video games quite a common thing so there's nothing wrong. but i think its best if a person knows how to balance anime and video games with other activities in life and not just be completely consumed by it.

• No, my boyfriend loves anime. He actually got me into it so now I love it too. I love video games, he's not as huge a fan of them, but I wouldn't care even if he was. As long as they aren't so obsessed that they wouldn't make time to talk to me, then I don't care.

• My fiancĂ© and I had to switch from LoL to Diablo because he kept stealing my CS and kills when we laned together LOL. I think that the "nerd" and "geek" community thanks to the internet has really expanded and includes a greater variety of people than it used to.

• Haha maybe you should have played in different lanes.

• We tried that. He plays support or jungle, and I usually go top or ADC. It's been forever since we've played, but yeaaaah. Fun times there lol

• As humans we are hard wired to notice 'attractiveness' whether that be male/female and we even see it in animals (youve probably seen a certain breed of dog and thought wow thats a gorgeous dog!) its completely normal and natural in our nature to recognize beauty in all sexes. I know when beautiful woman walks into the room. I don't have to like it! But we all acknowledge it.

• whooaaa I definitely misread that question.. lol *slinks away quietly*

• This is the hero gag deserves, but not the one it wants right now. And I probably effed up the batman reference there.

• Other way around. But its the thought that counts. Lol

• I would so totally play video games with my man (:<

• A few of the guys I've dates were actually into anime and almost every one plays video games. I kinda find it attractive (unless it's like a really nerdy one like Pokemon) but that could just be my personality. It reay depends on the girl. In the end I think it just comes to how you treat her:)

• Really? pokemon? You draw the line at pokemon?

• Well no i wasn't saying that's where I "draw the line", I just mean that when I say it's attractive when guys like anime, I mean more like the anime that you just named (I've only heard of death note) like I like when guys are into that type more over then nauruto

• Oops i didn't mean to press send lol. But I'd just prefer it to not be something like *naruto or Pokemon, the really typical ones

• Nah. As long as he doesn't have a pic of Rei Ayanamis as his display pic...

• Well if you know who she is then you must be into this right? ;P

• I used to watch YuGiOh as a kid but I did not like that kid who isn't Yugi :P

• Hahaha, I kinda grew out of it before we even got the new series. I think we got them a little later in Europe . I don't watch the show, anyway, I just play the tcg :)

• I like video games, don't like anime. If a guy does, I don't care. It's your life, you like what you like, and if it makes you happy, who am I to stop you

• It wouldn't bother me, as long as he didn't obsess about them.

• What would you consider an obsession for playing games and watching anime? Never leaving the house? Doing it every day?

• When it becomes a priority.

• I like both... I would like someone to watch anime and play videogames with. 😁

• I like both & I'd be like TiVo that shit & lemme play lol

• Anime is not something I'm interested in, I'll play a video game or two occasionally, if the guy I was seeing was interested in these things I wouldn't care; I don't find it attractive or unattractive.

• At first glance, yes. There is a stereotype, especially for guys who watch anime. And I think for video games it's that there are extremes where he plays for like 5+ hours and it's just too much. Both can be addicting and a time killer. But personally, if you had that "under control" like you enjoyed it but that's not ALL you did then it would be fine.

I was recently introduced to anime, curious about the stigma I wanted to give it a try. I ended up loving it! I found it to be super hilarious and quite clever. And video games I actually enjoy watching guys play (if it's not for hours on end). Hey, and if you like Mario Kart I'm down to play too!

• I'm glad that you liked anime haha! I love it and would be happy to recommend you a few. Of course I like mario kart, it's excellent for playing with friends. I do play a lot of video games, not sure if 5+ hours but more than 3. Is it less weird if I play with friends who I know in real life using skype?

• Yes they are considered anime, they were all created in Japan and have original japanese dubs.

• Oh wow cool! Okay so I've seen all of those so I guess I've watched anime as a kid too!

• Do what you love to do. Unattractive is doing something to be like everyone else and following the herd to look normal. My friend who's over 40 loves Anime & gaming, if it's your passion stay with it and disregard the haters

What Guys Said 3

• m.quickmeme.com/.../...bc502ee8a00f776536e261e.jpg

Some girls love anime, and if you end up with one who doesn't, move on and find another gal. Plenty of fish in the sea.

• some girls are really into that.

• Look, if they do, then just find someone else who doesn't... people who say "durrr anime is bad" are ignorant anyways. That's like saying "durrr, movies are bad" or "durrr", books are bad"...

Voted B).