I don't want to stay at my boyfriends house?

I've been with my boyfriend 7 months and during the first few months of the relationship I stayed at his house a lot, but recently he had been staying at my house more than I have at his mainly because of convenience since I live in the city. A close family member died a few weeks ago and last time I was at his house I was lying down thinking about things and I felt quite upset but I hid this from him by saying I wasn't well and would be going home. I don't want this to happen again but it was the birthday of the family member yesterday and I've been feeling fragile :( I don't want to sound selfish by asking him to stay at my house instead having not been to his in a while but I don't want to go and be upset either.

He has no money to actually do stuff to take my mind off it, when im at his house I normally have to find my own entertainment :/

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly sweet you should just tell him :)
    Like 'Babe, I know I hadn't stayed at yours in a while and I want too stay round soon just I'm feeling really fragile lately what with it being the birthday of... Yesterday. That okay?'

I'm sure he'll be perfectly understanding, hope you're okay!

What Guys Said 1

• You should go anyway to get your mind off it. Do stuff with him. Go out.

What Girls Said 2

• Do as you wish.
    You know give him the whys and all.
    It sounds like it should all work.
    :))

• Just tell him that you feel really sad and it would be more comfortable for you to stay at your house because of what's happened, he should understand that