Are my ideals for a relationship unrealistic?

I have vowed to find someone that doesn't do things that make me question his commitment, would never cheat, and someone that values me enough to court me before moving to a more serious relationship. That's all I ask, aside from respect. Sometimes, especially in today's world, I feel it is too much. But the thing is, I am only asking for what I can give in return. I don't expect something I myself don't possess.

Most Helpful Guy

• It is too much, in my opinion. Because you can never know if a person is like that, until you've been with them for a while.

Relationships involve risk. You take a risk when you date someone. Maybe they would cheat. Maybe they wouldn't. But you can't know that for certain in advance.

What Guys Said 5

• You sound like a smart girl.

Unfortunately, a lot of people in society are complete shit.

Be prepared to sift through a lot of junk before finding that diamond in the rough.

• that sounds completely fine and ideal.

• You're right. They're not unrealistic and actually what you want should be expected from everyone.

• No they aren't, they are what people who have a good level of self esteem desire.

• what does "to court me" mean?
    other then that sounds reasonable. i wouldn't want anything less as well

What Girls Said 2

• That's what almost everyone expects from a healthy relationship, and how they should start, but sadly, we live in a world that has forgotten what we deserve, and people just take what can from what they get. But we just never lower our standars just because everyone does. One got to stick to them, and some day we'll find it.

• i don't think so.. courtship in my place is the norm. i'm actually like you. personally i don't like jumping from one man to another cause i would find it emotionally draining and tiring. i also don't like doing sexual stuff with different guys cause i find it so off and "disgusting".