Do people go on dates anymore?

Guys if you ask a girl to hang out or get drinks do you consider that a date or just spending time together?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's all about phrasing and timing. If I were to ask a girl what she's up to on a certain night, usually that's just "let's hang out and have a few drinks" or something along those lines. However, if after a brief conversation, I were to ask her "Would you like to have dinner with me?" and not specify a certain time or day, that's usually me asking for a date.

What Guys Said 16

• i will always specify a date as a date.

• For some reason people these days avoid the word "date" , because of the possible pressure it can put on the other person.

The term used now is "hanging out", which is a softer term than "date".

• People in school tend to hang out. People who are asking out a coworker tend to 'hang out'. People who are post school and often going on dates with people they don't know that well, its clearly a 'date'.

• "Hang out" I do with friends with no romantic interest

"Dates" I do with girls I have romantic interest in

• sure why not? he gets her drinks. that means he's dating her.

as for myself i don't go on dates

• If you make an appointment to meet someone with the purpose of spending time with that person, and you're not working on a project like taxes or cutting his/her hair or something, you're on a date. It doesn't matter if there are other people there.

• I wish formal dates were still normal. Cause now you have to "hangout" and that's more complicated.

• That depends, although it could be counted as either.

• What's the difference? Its all the same to me.

• well to be honest I am kinda new to dating , but let me tell you this : If I ask a girl to hang out with me only us for few hours at night , it's defently not a normal hangout , no matter what the girl things in such a situation most guys will try to make a move cause its natural , if you mean by dates fancy resturants and stuff like that , I don't know I don't thing a lot of people do it anymore , these days dating is simply hanging out with the girls somewhere.

• i don't usually. i'm about atypical relationships or bust. i broke my rule for this fashion model i dated, and boy did i regret it. courtship is fucking stupid.

• I haven't been on one in a year.. haven't hung out in years :(

• A casual date. If I like her, if I don't, we are just hanging out

• depends on the initial attitude of connection. some girls need to be shown clear what your intentions are from the get go to be turned on while others need to be friends first etc . of course people date!

• I've never gone on an actual date

• I still do. I think they can be fun :).

What Girls Said 4

• I've been on a few things that were labeled dates, dinner movie etc. They are weird. Plain and simple. One tried to bring flowers on a first date. That ended everything right there.
    I'd rather just hang out with you like a buddy and end up naked. It is easier to just be yourself and get to know the other person without getting caught up in the formality of a date.
    It is also because I don't like the obligation a date brings with a guy trying to impress a girl and paying the bill and opening the door etc. That is all crap. In fact one of my favorite things to do is grab and pay the bill before he does on a first date and watch his reaction. I'd rather just be a person getting to know another person figuring out if we like spending time with each other.

• If a guy says drinks, it's usually a date. If it's coffee, I'd still call it a date.
    In my history no man has ever asked me either of those things expecting purely friendship.

• Dates are what you make of them :) I consider any one on one interaction with someone I have interest in and who shares that interest a date.

• Nope , they don't :(