Should I date my ex's friend eventually? Read below please?

I know that most times dating an ex's friend is the biggest mistake ever because it drives a wedge between their friendship and it creates all of this drama. This is actually kind've a different story. When I first started dating my ex, it was great. Then this one guy started hanging out with our group of friends. He completely changed. My ex told me how as soon as we broke up, this guy would go after me. And he told me he was scared I was going to cheat on him with this guy. My ex hated him. Every time I talked with him, he would get really mad and it was driving me crazy. He didn't trust me. But this guy would text me more and want to hang out with me more than my ex did. My ex broke up with about a week ago and was very rude about it (said how our relationship had an expiration date and that he had more fun with his friends that day than he ever had with me). Ever since then, his friend has been flirting majorly. Tickling me, laying on me, sitting on me, play fighting, giving me random massages, kicking me playfully in the butt, etc. The other day I saw my ex in the car with that guy. I don't know if my ex just hated him because of me or what, but do you think I should date him eventually? Not soon, because I don't want him to be the rebound or anything. He's the one that broke up with me and he wasn't treating me right. So what do you guys think? Would it be okay for me to date him eventually? Please answer!

Most Helpful Guy

• Well sure you can date him, but it will be awkward no doubt about it.

One thing I will be cautious about, is that your ex told you beforehand that if you guys ever broke up, that the other guy will try to go after you and he even felt that you might cheat on him with that guy. I don't know about you, but that small comment sounds very suspicious. Either your ex was very insecure or that other guy is a player/ extreme flirt, but it just seems weird that your ex will say that, and long behold his prediction came true.

What Guys Said 1

• Just do what you want.

What Girls Said 2

• I say go for it! You like him, he likes you and he's not really good friends with your ex!

• You're single and that means you can date who you like.