Being cheated on. Do you ever regain full trust in your next relationship?

I was cheated on by my previous gf. I am starting to date again, but i eventually come to the thought of what would happen in the girl im dating cheats again. How can i move past this? Do you ever get back to a point of full trust for another person, even after you have been hurt so bad?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• I've been cheated on, so did my last boyfriend. We got a little insecure and suspicious every now and then at first, then started trusting each other more and more. It just takes time to build that trust with the other person, instead of just blindly jump into that stage.
    The best advice I can give you is this. Don't let past experiences ruin your new relationships. My ex never gave me any reason to be worried, yet I had doubts at first. Whenever that happened, I reminded myself that I was just being paranoid after being hurt. I had to approach it in a more logical way. I even tried making a list once, to prove myself that there was no reason for me to suspect him.

What Girls Said 4

• Im not dating but when I do, im going to trust the guy until he give me reason not too. My ex cheated, it took time to get over it and move on from it but I did. That particular relationship taught me something about myself so my next relationship is going to be a lot different and hopefully honest.
    Your always going to think "what if" but try and keep it positive, every relationship is different.

• It will be hard and you'll want to stay guarded longer than you probably normally would but you have to treat each relationship for what it is. Don't let your fears or negative thoughts keep you from starting fresh with someone new. With the right girl and the right relationship you won't have these types of insecurities so just go at a slow pace and give yourself time to open back up to someone. You're putting yourself out there again and that's already a great start (:

• Yes I don't judge new guys from last guys

• Unfortunately we tend to pick people similar to those we dated in the past. It is a huge possibilty this will happen to you again. Be prepared

What Guys Said 4

• You have to. If you don't start over with a clean slate, you are just sabotaging your future relationships.

• I think of it this way. I haven't been hurt before but it's something I have feared greatly as a symptom of teenage angst.

Life is too short to worry about getting hurt. You get one life. Dating and romantic relationships pose a risk of getting hurt. That's a cost for its benefits. If you want to take part in dating and relationships, regardless of whether you worry or not, the risk of getting hurt will remain, so it's a waste of time to be insecure and worry, and you're going to ruin enjoying what you have as a result.

So if you want to take part in romantic relationships, wear your heart on your sleeve and remember that this woman is not the last woman who cheated on you and it's unfair to put her at fault for what the ladt did to you. Correlation does not constitute constitution.

• People DO mistakes.
    In some cases you can patch-up again happily :)

• I don't trust anyone anyway. If I was cheated on it'd be an insult and I'd walk away pretty easily.