Is he being serious or am I just being played?

So, I've been talking to this guy for a while (like since September) but we've only just started hanging out. Before we actually hung out he said things like "I saw you and knew I had to have you" and "every kiss I give means something" The first date was nice and pg but then the second we made out (like the passionate almost sex but it's too early makeout), everything was perfect. He even kept calling me babe and held my hand when he drove me home and even gave me a really sweet goodnight kiss. so obviously I was under the assumption that it was made offical. I even asked him before we made out of it was going anywhere or if I was crazy, his response was "why would you think you were crazy?(:" but after that he seemed distant, wouldn't text me, wouldn't answer me for at least 2 hours between texts etc. So I decided to talk to him. he then told me that he wasn't looking for a relationship right now because he works and is going to school and he simply doesn't have time. But in another part of the conversation he said "I dont just hang out with you to make out I have other girls for that, I really care about you" So all he wanted right now is to be friends with benefits. I'm so confused and hurt by all of these mixed signals. I don't know weather I should just go along with the friends with benefits kinda thing in hopes that later on down the road he'd want a relationship or if I should just drop it completely because he's just not ready to commit and wants other girls too. What should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• If you want no strings attached sex with this player then go for it, but don't expect anything to develop in the future.

What Guys Said 1

• You're not being played, he just lost interest.

• But he only acts that way sometimes, like when we're not together, but when we are together it's great, there's not a problem at all. Do guys do that? Like even if they've lost interest only show it when they're not together?

What Girls Said 2

• Friends with benefits never works out... don't be a side chick it will just end up hurting you more in the end. Some guys will tell you anything to get what they want from you. Keep looking :)

• Ah the I really care about you line!!!
    Run as fast as you can from this twat