What are the pros and cons of being single?

I've been single for about three months now. I went on a date with this one guy last month and I found out that he was a lying jerk and only wanted to get into my pants and tried to have sex with me. So I told his sorry ass that I never want to see his face again. He apologized but I don't except his apology. I feel kind of less stressful not that I'm single and focusing on myself but still I HATE being single! It's boring.
I broken uo with my last boyfriend back in October because he lied and only liked me for my curvaceous body (hourglass figure).
I've had 14 boyfriends in the past and I always end up getting dumped, cheated, lied to and I've been abused. I've been dating since I was 16 and I'm going to be 22 in March.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 5

• there's one pro and only and no cons... and that's called FREEDOM

• If you say being single is boring and sucks, you gotta work on your own life. You run the very real risk of getting too clingy too fast if all you have going on for you is whatever guy you happen to be dating at the time.

Get you own things going. THEN include a guy into it.

• Pros for you: not having to deal with crap anymore.

• Pros: no wories, free like a bird, no need to buy gifts, more spare time, one night sex with random people...
    Cons: If you are always busy doing things, like I am, there are no cons ( :

• Pro:
    Independant.

Con:
    Lonely.

• That's all?

• My guess is that people tell themselves that they want to be single, because they want to protect themselves from being hurt, and yea, it is indeed in our nature to find a mate.

When people say they wanna be single, I'm like... "yea... suuuuuuuuuuure" :D.

But hey, all you can do is have hope that you'll find a mate eventually. ^.^

• Gracias. We're supposed to find a mate anyways.

What Girls Said 10

• Curvaceous !! That's the bloody word! I was trying too tell my friend that I'd even feeling 'curvalicious' and felt like Fergie haha! I guess that works too though lol!

Anyway I digress!
    I think it depends on your state of mind at the time, or where you are in your life..
    Being single can feel nice and stress free and fun :)
    But then nighttime comes and it's like 'Damn, no one is in my bed again tonight'

I haven't had a vast amount of relationships but I think when you find someone amazing then it'll feel a lot nicer than being single.. You're sharing your life and experiencing new adventures with someone you love 💕

Sorry about all the assholes you've encountered!

• Pro: More time to see friends, and focus on your studies/work/whatever you're doing at the stage in your life.

Con: It gets so damn lonely :(

• Pros:
    - You don't have to worry about flirting with any guys.
    - There's this 'weight' off your shoulders, basically no more commitment.
    - Dress however the fuck you want, because your boyfriend can't tell you what to wear [even if you're in a relationship]
    Cons:
    - The "I have a boyfriend" excuse doesn't work [Not that it did to begin with, because men are gross]
    - No more cuddles [Which are a big pro in my opinion]

• Pros: I can do whatever I want whenever I want and I only have to be concerned about if I'm enjoying myself and not worrying about if someone else is enjoying themselves as well.

Cons: NO CUDDLES. D:

• Pro-
    Dont have to shave
    Can have a messy room
    Have more time to yourself

Cons-
    Weird guys hit on you
    Not satisfied sexually

Single is the best if its not the perfect guy, it is so stressful sometimes to have a boyfriend seriouslyyyyyyy

• Why is it stressful to you?

• The grass is always greener I suppose.

• The shaving thing, I definitely agree!

• Pro
    1) freedom- u can flirt u can date anyone u want nobody to report to
    2) no heartache
    3) learn to be independent
    4) self development

Cons
    1) if u r someone who need companionship, then u wld feel lonely
    2) no intimacy

• Pro:
    You only have to think about yourself.
    The drive to focus on the other things in your life is more prevalent.

Con:
    Feeling of loneliness.
    Nobody to have sex with.

• Well I just kinda broke up...

Pros- you are able to be happy whenever you want. Can fool around with other guys...

Cons- being lonely and no special other to have sex with :(...

But I gotta tell you I'm enjoying the pros right now! Haha...

• Pros no jelous control freak moody guys do what u want wen u want no one to answer too cons no one to talk to lonely no affection or love