Are there no gentleman in this world?

So whether online or in person, I meet guys who seem so self absorbed. I met guy online, he didn't have balls to end it led me on for few weeks then said how he felt. An admitted he runs away from problems.

I thought wow your 27 man up? Another guy who dumped me in 2013 came back out of the woodwork in December 2014 acting like we can be friends and in eachothers lives and go for meal when it ended badly and he got into rebound relationship. I turned it down as I don't want him back.

Then another guy online 29 so I thought maybe he's mature and a gent, but he says just got out of relationship lets see how it goes. I said fine then. Then he said so we can start seeing eachother. I said yeah get to know eachother and not rush anything as like you said you just got out of something.

Then he's like send a pic so I did just of me in a dress. Minutes later got anymore I said no prefer not to send any yet. He said go on. he's a man acting like a teenager over pics?

I do not know when or even if guys ever grow up. I said to him be honest, do you just want sex. He said omg almost like I am chatting rubbish. Then said well you dont want casual, meaning that he does. Then he said so it won't be.

I felt it was all talk. Then cus of the distance he's like shame you don't drive. He said that means I would have to drive to you. He sounded so selfish. I said you don't have to. He then said don't expect to drive around your city for you.

I mean what a line to put me totally off him. Its like saying don't expect me to do anything for you. I said I expect nothing gentlemen don't exist he said night nightxxx. I said you know what lets leave it. He replied cool.

I really do wonder who raised these males. Chivalry is dead and romance is for the fairytale books only. I totally will not put up with men who can not do 50/50 with me.

Most Helpful Guy

• There are some of us still out there that do our best. But I'll be honest, we are getting worn down by all the women we meet that take offense to classic gentlemanly behavior. They either think it's antiquated or that we are not treating them as an equal, when in reality, it's just a show of respect.

However, the guys you are referring to are just children. It doesn't sound like they even made an effort in the first place, so why are you worried about them. Just keep looking and don't compromise what you want, for what you can have in the present.

What Guys Said 20

• I agree. Women wanted equality and liberation. Well I say hooray for it. Now they can act equal and pay 50/50. Here's my view on this as a guy. You can't be a gentlemen and you can thank women for that. Being a gentlemen is acting like a pussycat or slave in a sense. Again it relates to the whole nice guy/bad boy issue. The nice guys are considered boring and the women don't appreciate being treated and are typically spoiled, which isn't good either. So they go to the 'bad boys' for years and when they get old and can't get man as they used to they now want a gentlemen and want to settle down. No dear, you wanted your cake now eat it. A lot of these guys are being raised by single mothers. It started in the 60's and I did research on it. Just look at the numbers today and with marriage. I still believe in being a gentlemen sometimes and I hold the door for guys and sometimes girls in high school but not al the time. I am sure there are gentlemen out there, maybe you rejected them or aren't looking in the right place. by the way, what do you consider a gentleman?

• Truer words were never spoken my dude ^^

• Yes in 2012 I had my first bf who was a gent and no not met one since. You seem to generalise and place all women as the same. We are all different

• You've shown you do not understand women you go by research shows etc but that's irrelevant as people are not all the same. What a blinded view to have.

• personally i'm not a gent and i'm proud about it.

in fact being called a gent, i'd feel insulted :-P

• Don't mind me, just an old fashioned chivalrous gentleman passing by.

• I'm a gentleNIGGA ^^ I know no boundaries. I treat everyone nicely and I hold the door for both men and women come at me bruh

• I'd consider myself a gent and have been told by a couple of girls too, BUT it doesn't seem to get me anywhere. I don't now why being a gent can be seen as a bad thing by some girls. Never the less im not changing.

• No, bit**es killed them all.

• I've been called both a gentleman and an asshole by other people. And it surprises me that you look for such a guy in your young age.

• hey, i may be an old wanker but im always a gentleman and very chivalrous. i think you will find a lot of younger women dont always look for that in a guy. I've had on girl say, for gods sake i can get it myself, just because i held a door for her

• Sorry. No gentlemen here. Only us assholes

• It is shit now there are a few guys left with the balls and chivalry left but all the others just care about sex and them selves which is pathetic :(

• 0|1
  • a gentleman was for a time when women didn't have equal rights, when women had a certain code of conduct and roles... its not for the average women of today... things are much different now and it wouldn't really fit... it doesn't serve the purpose of why it was developed as it was.

• Chivalry is too expensive. If you pay me a few credits though, I'll tell you why that is the case

• They are with the respectable women.

• Expect more get more, love more expect nothing.

• I am a gent thanks god

• Chivalry is not dead, just that jerks like this manner it hard to convince you trust we're not all like that. Don't give up, you'll find someone who nearly worships the ground you walk on.. when you do, grab ahold of the relationship and don't let go.

• A few of us out there still try to achieve this thing of being a gentlemen. I just need my suit and a glass and a bottle of port.

• gentlemen have got married

• Age /=maturity. Trust me

What Girls Said 3

• That is very hard and my heart goes out to you. I heard they're out there wondering the same thing about where all of the ladies went. You're already aware that the quantity of ladies and gentlemen is very rare in this world but even though it's tough, you're best off living your life and know that your gentleman will come when the time is right. The quality in waiting is worth it. Good job for respecting yourself. :)

• Thanks sweetie. I agree, I guess I wasn't meany to find happiness yet. x

• I meant happiness in love, not life altogether. An thank you :)

• Oh sorry! It's good that you didn't mean happiness overall. That was wrong of me to assume so once again I apologize, but your welcome. :)

• Good for you dont tolerate it at all if u give in too one thing ull find urself giving into more

• Yes they are out there. I have met a few myself. I don't think chivalry is dead.