Do I have his attention?

A guy friend and I both ended two serious long term relationships around the same time 6 months ago. My friend and I have known each other for 12 years. We have always had crushes on each other, but never did anything except flirt. Recently the past 2-3 months we have been causally dating each other and hooking up. He has been honest (as far as I know) with me about not wanting to get into a relationship right now. I feel the same way! I want to focus on myself and be single for awhile. But I knew when I started dating him it would lead to further feelings. I've told him how I feel and he says he still feels the way he feels. I did ask if it could lead to more later on and he said possibly. My main question is am I being played? Is there a possibility of it turning into more? I am willing to take things slow and not rush. What is a man's opinion on this? I am 28 years old and have been in emotionally abusive relationship so I dont think I am seeing thing right in this situation. Opinions please!! Thank you :)

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• I know the others might say you're being used. But no, you're not. There is always a chance to catch feelings. This is actually what happened to me. BUT. Sleepless nights, crying, not being sure whether your feelings are mutual, hating yourself, feeling used, trying to concentrate on someone else, etc. And the guy was first telling me he doesn't want relationship, but I've changed it.
    Do whatever your heart tells you to do. But what you're going into is very hard emotionally. Open up to him, make him open up to you. Make him feel like a hero who's comforting you after you being in abusive relationship.

• Thank you. I appreciate the advice :). I've decided I am going to leave it alone. Recently our texting has been less and less. I think I might of scared him away. But I am listening to my gut and it says to take a break.