What is your take on interracial couples and why?

im in one right now and im wondering how some people feel about it. I live in georgia and most people are cool with it but i have gotten some dirty looks.

• For
  • Against

Most Helpful Girl

• You can't help who you fall in love with.

• Thanks for MHO. I'm black and kinda dated a white boy. So you really can't help who you fall in love with.

What Girls Said 16

• People are people and you are attracted to who you are attracted to. The only thing that should matter in a relationship is how you treat one another.
    I never realized that people noticed such things about couples until this past year. One of my closest friends is a man from Africa who is very very dark complected. I am white and am as pasty as they come (glow in the dark white, I'm a redhead.) My friend and I went to dinner just the two of for the first time, and I became very aware of the attention we got. Now we are both very highly educated, professional, well-dressed people that are nothing out of the ordinary going to dinner. Our behavior, privately and publicly, is very naturally platonic and respectable as he is engaged to a wonderful woman and at the time of this dinner I was dating his best friend. However, I noticed a lot of dirty looks. From that day forward I pay close attention to the reaction of people when we are in public together. It's fascinating. I've noticed most of the dirty looks come from black women especially if they are around our age. The second most comes from older white men, 40's and above. It isn't a unusual thing either, there are a lot of dirty look offenders. It is quite sad.

• I'm in one right now too. He's white and I'm black. We get along great. I don't see color. Honestly when I met him we just... clicked. I didn't fall for him because he was white. Our personalities just match perfectly. <3 Good luck in yours!

• I've only ever dated alternative white guys, not intentionally, just I get on with and tend to be more attracted to their weirdo styles than anything else.

I don't particularly care what/who anyone else dates, so long as you're happy with one another, fuck what everyone else thinks. if not race, people will find something, ANYTHING, else to critisize about your relationships, because they are miserable and want to make you miserable too. you can feed into it, or you can live your life how you see fit. ultimately your choice.

• I like seeing interracial couples, back then people were afraid of what people though, now they dont care so I respect it.

• Its okay. I don't condemn it. But i wouldn't like a person based on skin colour. If i did Then he turns out to be a rapist or serial killer with bipolar.

• Totally for them! I would absolutely date a guy of a different race, and have done so a few times. Really, if a person is attractive and compatible to you, why should color matter at that point?

• I often feel as if they are the most adorable and strong couples. Because even today they have face racism which ensures the ones who truly love each other survive.

• I guess I would be considered in an interracial relationship. He's of mixed race but he identifies as black. Generally though from first glance you'd assume it was a interracial relationship. He looks more Hispanic than anything. Lol

• I don't think much of it at all

• I think it's great that there are people who don't care about race. Not enough of them, though.

• I literally do not care

If I like someone, I like someone.

• For. It is common

• I'm ok with it, everyone has the right to date who they want
    Skin color doesn't matter

• I mean its 2015 do what you want 👌 Its not about the color of their skin , just who they are and the emotional connection between one another.

• well of course ur gonna get dirty looks, its not exactly the norm to be with someone outside ur ethnicity, doesn't mean its wrong. I say be with whoever makes u happy :)

• Probably old school thinking, there's nothing wrong with it.

What Guys Said 8

• I've been on dates with girls that isn't the same race as me, but never "dated" interracially. I'm open to it and see nothing wrong with that.

• I'm not for or against them. Humans are human and a relationship is a relationship.

• I am in an interracial relationship. Where i live it´s ok but from where my girlfriend is i don´t know how the peoples over there might see us.

• I give no shits about what color somebody is.

• Who cares.

• I'd date Savannah Highnote. She's from Georgia...

• if you live in a red state you might get shit for it especially in the south but fuck them

• Or you could be in an awesome northern place like New York City, where the cops regularly stop and frisk people for no reason whatsoever, because fuck citizen's rights, right? :D

• @RationalMale

• Actually, no, it's not. For instance, in Atlanta, we don't have stop and frisk, like in New York City. We also don't have a need to call out the National Guard to stop crime waves, like in Chicago. Not to mention, we have the grammar skills you're lacking. :D

• If two people wants to be happy that's fine with me. Im not one of those assholes who say white girls are better than black girls or white men are better than indian men tho!