How can you move on without closure?

I went on a couple of 'dates' with a guy then he tried to take advantage of me and I realized he was leading me on. When I confronted him he denied it so I never really got closure. Has anyone been in a similar situation and have any tips to moving on?

Most Helpful Girl

• Been there. Honestly it just takes time, I was cheated on and I wanted so bad for him to just admit it or say something about it. It ate me alive for the longest but as I slowly started deleting the texts, photos etc. Got easier. You'll sooner or later just realize that your thinking about the situation and him less. One tip though is don't try and rush yourself out of being over him it'll make the yearning worst and if you need to just have moments of sadness have them don't deny yourself that , it just makes everything build up and than you'll just feel like your going to have a breakdown. Just overall give yourself time but don't sit and pester yourself about it , find distractions.

What Guys Said 1

• You don't really have a choice in the matter.

What Girls Said 1

• Closure is a myth. One rarely gets it when they want it and when you put effort into seeking it out you are wasting time and energy on him that you could be using for yourself.
    You move forward by worrying about you. Always focus your resources on bettering you and your world. When you can look back and say "look how far I've come since that point (when you dropped the dead weight , in this instance that asshole guy) " THAT is when you have your closure. And it is 100% made by you and 100% for you.