(For guys) Would you date a girl who's religious?

Me and my family are Christians. I don't curse, and I don't really like to lie and stuff. Is that a turn off for guys? Does it make someone less interesting or something? Be honest:))

• Yes
  • No
  • Depends on the religion
  • I would, but it's not something I really like in a girl
  • I wouldn't, but there's always exceptions

Most Helpful Guy

• Why would you care if someone whom isn't religious chooses to not want to date you because you are?

A guy who's religious isn't going to be put off. . In fact it makes you more attractive! But a guy that's an atheist and has already concluded in his head that God doesn't exist and views your beliefs as dumb. .. isn't going to find it attractive. He'll even be trying to convert you to atheism

What Guys Said 23

• Well I'm also christian so not a problem at all... the qualities you mention have nothing to do with how interesting you are but still religion wouldn't stop me

• Yeah I don't mind it. I imagine you and your family are traditional Christians? That's fine.

Your religious beliefs are your religious beliefs.

• Yes, but it depends on the religion.
    Almost anything that you beleave in is fine as long as its not cult like and does not try to transform me.

• Of course thats the ones I want to date

• I am sorry but I simply could not date someone who is religious, any religion. I think about people who claim to be religious, but aren't really... However, I think fundamentally, I couldn't even date them. I would try, but I sincerely think they would end up failing. It is simply too fundamental a thing for me personally.

• My latest ex wasn't religious, but she didn't believe in evolution. It was pretty much over at that instant. The ex before that grew up catholic and went to catholic school with a hardcore catholic dad, but she claimed to be atheist. 6 months into our relationship she woke up from a nightmare, grabbed a Rosary, and thought I was possessed by a demon. I knew right then that it wouldn't work out. We broke up shortly after.

• That's not nessisarily true, I'm Christian and I don't believe that the rosary does anything. It's a pointless ritual that does make you any closer with God. So your generalizing that experience with all Christians being like that when that's not true

• No, it is true. That is what happened. I wasn't generalizing, I was giving you specific examples. I didn't say it applies to all religous people. However, I think all religious people possess (or lack) a certain trait that just doesn't fit in with me fundamentally. It can present itself in many ways, like denying evolution or believing you can be possesed by deamons. Those were just two real world example, two of probably millions.

• i'm too scared of religious people sorry!

• I'm an atheist, so I doubt it will happen, but I don't care dating a religious girl as long as she respects my views and doesn't try to make me religious.
    I respect your beliefs, and you respect mines. Like this, I wouldn't care if she's religious, if she doesn't agree with this, close the door after you exit.

• Of course I'm also a Christian. I like cutues who are saving their precious gift for marriage like u and i. Wanna get together hunny? ;3

• It depends on how fanatic the girl is. My mother is a real church troll. She made me hate religion in general and through her I met many fanatic christians, including young girls like you. Even if I wanted to date some of these girls, I couldn't because they are so strict about these things, they would demand of me to marry them first.

• There are millions of guys out there who are also christian sooo...

• Depends how brainwashed she is. I'm agnostic and I have no problem dating religious people as long as she doesn't start shoving shit down my throat and telling me I should eat or do certain things because god said so. Her rules apply to herself, not me.

• Okay, everyone has there own opinions. But "brainwashed" is definitely not how it works. When someone gives there life to God, it's not something drilled into them or hypnotizing them, it's a choice

• Of course! They are more like me!

• I'm 23 years old my name is Alexander and I actually find girls who are in Church very attractive because that makes it more better the type of personality that the girl has inside and outside and respect that she has towards her friends and family the people who go to church

• Awe this made me smile😊 I'm glad all people aren't shallow!

• Yeah I know I'm also Christian I'm from a Pentecostal church and I'm from New Jersey

• Yeah.. ofcourse... only if her eyes are as beautiful as yours...

• It's a turn off to some guys when it's all you talk about and when a girls says. "I need someone to bring me closer to him" those are turn offs. If you don't do those. You're fine.

• I would, although I'd prefer she was the same type of Christian as me and wasn't overly zealous.

• Nope. I believe in God, just don't want to follow the rules. You keep the bread and I'll take the wine

• it depends upon the girls if she wants to date with anyone

• If it were u Sure why not

• Actually, I can't think of any reason why I would ever date a religious girl. Frankly, I dislike all religious people for their belief in something that doesn't make sense to me,
    however there might be exceptions.

• To me it depends not just on what religion, but on *how* religious they are. Me, I'm a rather laid-back Christian. I think it'd be easier to get along with an equally laid-back Muslim than with a you-better-believe-EXACTLY-as-I-do-or-you're-going-to-hell Christian like the one I was raised by.

• I would as long as she's not trying to drag me to church or "save" me or something

• Nope
    not a chance.
    my experience with religious peeps is sheer pressure and attempts to "convert"

And I see that as one of the 3 pillars ya need for a successful relationship (understanding)

• I appriciate the honestly, but not all religious people are like that. I know that i don't try to change or "convert" people anymore becuase only God can do that, not me.

• That's why I said it was my experiences with religious peeps, not all.

And the sheer weight it would add to a relationship would be far too much.
      like, say I cursed or took "the Lords name in vain" if she then pulled me up on that (as it would offend her) I'd understand and apologise. .. but feel restricted and not at all happy.

What Girls Said 2

• Host of me would and part of me wouldn't. I know I'm a girl but I still have an opinion. I think as long as you weren't trying to change him or judge the way he acted I don't see a problem. Yet some guys and religious to so you might even find someone who is if the same religion as you

• I'll say it depends in the religion I have no problem with a anyone except Amish and Jehovah witnesses

• Hahaa I get what you mean. People have this strange perception that religious people are weird and are always forcing you to read the Bible or something. By religious I just mean that I love God and I do everything in his will:)

• Whoever down voted me must be JW lol... not Amish cause they dint believe in using electricity , oh no I don't think guys are bothered by that I love God too but I'm not a fanatic