Anyone had any problems with dating inter-racially?

I've always dated white women. I've had a lot of colored women approach me since I broke up, and so I thought why not. I clicked pretty well with this Latin chick and thought of dating her.
My friends have already shunned me for it - "why on earth would you go for {insert derogatory name for a Latina}.. have some standards dude". They weren't happy with the idea of me bringing her along to our next social event. Even when I was walking down the street with her (not a date), I got so many stares.. mostly of curiosity mixed with disgust.

I can already feel the hostility around me and feel i should call it off.

What have your experiences been?

Most Helpful Girl

• I've never dated anyone, so I can't tell how my experiences were.
    But something bad happened to me: when I was on 9th grade I had a guy on my class who was very close to me. One day, he sat on my lap and hugged me. A girl who was also from our class said: "You guys make a weird couple". But he wasn't my boyfriend. I was so nervous that I started laughing.
    Now, I came to the conclusion that I should ask her why we were a weird couple. I know what her answer was going to be, but I'm still curious to see what she was going to say.

We weren't a couple, I imagine the things that she would say if we were dating.

What Girls Said 7

• Colored? Are we living in the 1900s.

• Do what you want. Your babies would be THE most beautiful human beings on the planet. Mixed babies are like 10x cuter than babies of pure racial lines.

But aside from that... race doesn't matter. And those who think it does... cut those jerks out of your life.

• I don't live in city like that. Interracial relationships are commonplace here. It's so sad that your friends think in such a provincial way.

• I'm black and my boyfriend is white. I don't give a fuck what anyone says about us. I'm not going to stop being with him just because he's a different skin color than me. If I were you, I wouldn't let ANYONE dictate who I dated and who I didn't. You should honestly think about who your friends with because they seem like complete assholes to me.

• If you really liked her it wouldn't matter to you what your friends thought, and if they were really your friends they wouldn't be so disrespectful of your choice.

• Your friends have too much time on their hands. Who cares

• I dated a guy from South America and had no issues from that part of it. I did have a problem with a black guy who I just wasn't interested in who got mad and insinuated I was racist because of it. I don't know many Asian or indian men, so no experiences there. I'd always heard these two prefer to settle down with their own race more, but I don't know if that is true because there aren't as many in my area.

What Guys Said 2

• Well, your friends sure sound like real winners. LOL

I have literally NEVER had a single person mention race to me when I have dated with girls. Not a single time. If they ever did, I think I'd die from shock, followed by seriously reconsidering the friendship.

• Not that lucky to date inter-racially :/
    But I must say YOU DO HAVE A COLOUR TOO man.