Does race matter when it comes to dating?

When it comes to dating, is there a certain race that you like/dislike? Or have you ever turned someone down because of their race?

Most Helpful Girl

• No I've never cared about the whole race thing. A persons a person and I'll get to know you based off your character not your skin. I do have preference for white men but I do very often just date the freaking rainbow

What Guys Said 6

• There are certainly races I would choose over others but there's no race I would just flat out refuse to date.
    It also comes down to the individual.

For example, take my least favoured race, there will be a member of that race who I find more attractive than the majority of my most favoured race and the will be one in the most who I find less attractive than the majority of the least.

• only racists would do that... ONLY!

• As much as I don't like to admit this, race does matter when I'm considering dating someone. While this is very wrong as a consideration, some families can be very judgmental as to who their son/daughter brings home, as well as just personal preference.

• For me race does matter, unfortunately. I think women of all different races are pretty. But I would only date a white woman. To me brunettes are the most attractive.

• No, but I prefer girls with long dark hair.

• I think I'm going to start answering these questions with "Yes, it matters like you wouldn't even believe". It seems like people just can't grasp the concept that when these roles and beliefs are shed, that you can do whatever you want. People aren't used to the freedom to do whatever, so perhaps they respond better to having these beliefs to follow by like rules lol

What Girls Said 1

• Not to me. I believe it matters to most people though.