Thoughts on females being mechanics?

I was thinking about becoming a mechanic since I was a kid, my brother used to talk to me about cars & I don't know it was interesting... but like over the years I never took the time to learn because I was focused on being in shape & learning about makeup & being an artist , cutting hair, just all around self improvements & I just work as jack of trades like - first job bartender (landscaping on the weekends, second job warehouse worker eventually supervisor, third job bartender, fourth house cleaning/ maid... and now nothing just random makeup & hair jobs, as much as I love cosmetics every time I'm looking at cars or watching movies & listening to my friends talk about cars or mycar bbreaks down I wish I was a mechanic like so bad but I've dated mechanics & its a hard job :/ I live in Texas its hott as fucking hell & mechanics work in the heat, get covered in grease, have to constantly lift heavy shit.. I don't know also I dont want anyone to think I'm gay or their fucking bro/ one of the guys, I love having nice nails & perfect makeup... what do you think I should do? My other school options are pharmacist

Most Helpful Guy

• I really like the sight of a girl working on her own bike. its cool beans. nothing wrong with it. nothing beats coming home after a long hard day of passion.

• Hard work does help you sleep better & I love just being all spent but feeling acomplished

• it is literally the best feeling one can experience in life. there is much reward in the simpler things in life that the average person lives for everyday. there is true contentment and peace.

What Guys Said 3

• Pharmacist seems like a more respectable career choice and far more suitable for you. I find mechanical engineering very prestigious

• I think it'd be good if more females would get more technical jobs.

• it's just their job.

i'm neutral about it

What Girls Said 3

• I think it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. You should do what you really want to do. If being a car mechanic is your dream then go for it. But obviously you can't have nice nails and perfect makeup if you're working as a mechanic. However, you could dress up and look nice whenever you're not at work.

• Yeah I think you should. Why not if your good at it and love it go ahead (point 1 for feminism)

• I'm an aviation mechanic, so I hope they like mechanics.

• Oh that's amazing how many years of school is that & was it really hard?

• Honestly, I don't pay attention to them. I just think of them as chicls with dicks that smell as b. o. I have a fiance back home that preoccupies my mind haha

• It's alright @kep79