Is it racist for a white guy to prefer dating his own race?

Because I said on a "Which do you find most attractive" question and I said "White" and I get a horde of females down voting me and calling me racist... Seriously, is it really to date your own kind?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think so. I don’t believe in the whole ‘preference’ BS and I truly think that people misusing the concept of preference is some modern-day way to make discrimination seem widely acceptable. The fact that so many people go around repeating the overused, unoriginal term ‘preference’ and trying to make it seem like it’s okay just shows the decline in our society.

People use the word preference but the action is actually DISCRIMINATION: PREJUDICE, BIAS, INEQUITY, FAVORITISM and another synonym for that word is RACISM. People acting on preference these days is no different from the “Whites only: NO BLACKS” signs in the 50’s. It’s just a nicer, more politically way of expressing it. So yes, by definition for anyone to have a RACIAL BIAS and misuse vocabulary by calling it ‘preference’ they are truly just being racist. So lets just be real: you can’t have a preference for a human being -_- That’s a premature, unintelligent concept. You can have a preference for spinach versus broccoli because no matter how you cook it, season it, or prep it: it will taste the same every single time. Human beings are tad bit more complex.

Modern day usage of the term ‘preference’ = RACIAL BIAS which means ‘prejudice in favor of or against one thing, PERSON, OR GROUP COMPARED WITH ANOTHER, USUALLY IN A WAY CONSIDERED TO BE UNFAIR. So stop lying to yourself and deluding yourself that what you are doing is okay when by definition, it’s unjust, wrong, and ugly.

What Girls Said 24

• It's not racist to have a preference.

Now, if you met a girl, who you found absolutely stunning, and personality wise, she was perfect for you...

and you wouldn't date her, solely because she wasn't white.

That. That would be racist.

• I'd be surprised to be proven exactly this way :)
      But on the other hand I couldn't keep the "preference" real :S

This case must be a very diamond-rare special exception, if you get what I mean ;)

• I think it happens a lot.

People just call it "preference" and gloss past it..

No one wants to look in the mirror and call themselves racist.

• I am so tired of people having to defend their preferences in dating. No one is anything because they prefer tall, short, big, thin, white, Asian or whatever! It is your preference, ingrained in your psyche. You prefer white girls, how the crap is that racist? I prefer Hispanic... Am I anti-racist? The only ones with a problem with anyone's preferences are the ones who gave problems dating... Anyone that quick to be angry at someone for having preferences most likely has deeper issues than those preferences anyway.

• No, that's not racist.

• We all have our preferences in physical appearance. If you don't think less of people who are not white, then it's not racist. However, it still wouldn't be good if you denied going out with a girl who was of a different race simply because you didn't like her complexion.

• it is not, so apparently people feel those who date their own race is not racist whereas those who have preference are-both are not racist to me.
    attraction has no reason, there is no way we can explain.
    those people call u racists are because you exclude them (they are from another race) or they always see themselves as least preferred.

• No it isn't racist to be more attracted to one race than another. You can't control what you're attracted to.

Its different if you say you'd never date someone outside your race because you think your race is superior.

• No, it isn't racist. Everybody has a preference and the people who say they don't have are lying.
    You're only racist if you consider people from other races inferior to you or if you treat them differently because of their skin color or ethnicity.

• It's not racist.

I wouldn't date anyone not from qatar. I only date qataris. Or the local people of Dubai/Kuwait.

I can't help it. They are the only guys who will have culture, history, and language in common with me.

And also they are rich. But I'm not a gold digger

• I'm kinda racist too as white guys are at the bottom of my list cause i don't accept big dicks.

• Nope. Your entitled to your preferences. As long as your respect *everyone* regardless of race, it's not a big deal.

• Everyone has what the like and what they're attracted to. People like to make things a race issue when it's not. Its the same as how some girls only date guys that are taller or when guys prefer blondes over brunette. Everyone likes different things.

• No who cares. You're only 1 guy.

• No. That's just your preference. I'm mixed with 5 races and I prefer Italian, arab, mixed, or white. That's my preference.

• My 'kind' are humans...

• No, it's only your preference ;)

• No, not at all. The bitches calling you racist are dumb, ignore them.

• Narh, everyone has their own preference its all g :)

• There's nothing wrong with it. Its your opinion on who you prefer to date. Not theirs.

• it's natural

• As an African girl i think its not racist at all, why? if you degradate and humiliate people because of our skin or hair or culture yes, but if you dont feel attraction its not racist at all. I dont find attractive Asians at all, am i racist?

• Not at all. Everybody's entitled to having preferences when it comes to dating.

• You sound stupid like a sheep repeating the same exact thing everyone else says.

• And you sound like a fat n****r, nigga.

• No, I tend to be the same way ( I'm a girl and tend to be attracted to white guys)

• No, you don't really get to choose what you prefer. It's racist to feel superior to another race, not to feel attracted to one over another. Just like you aren't a misogynist pig, because you might feel attracted to one girl over another.

• Not at all in my opinion.

What Guys Said 23

• Is it racist? No it's simply preference

However saying your own kind... makes it seems as if all other races are different species
    Choose your wording better... Next time just say:
    "As a caucasian male, I have a preference for caucasian women" simple as that and no one feels bad.

• Only if you're white apparently:

fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/.../...318635_n.png

Ignore loony lefties.

• if you reject other girls just because of their skin colour then ys you are... sorry.

• I'll just copy paste you my opinion from another similar question. It doesn't answer your question directly, but to answer you directly NO it isn't racist. I too only date inside my race.

Once again she used the word 'racist' like every naive or left/communist/marxist does to make you feel guilty about you preferences and even your own self as a christian, white (I guess). The word racist has become a tool of speech and thought oppression and every anti-white or simple brainwashed person will use it at EVERY given opportunity, even in case which make no sense, like yours. Whites are being brainwashed with anti white propaganda for decades and now they are so much afraid to be labeled a 'racist', as the anti white define, so they prefer to do nothing or think that the extinction of a whole racial group is cool because all whites are evil racists

• Racist!

(End sarcasm).

• It is not racist at all, people have their own preferences. People who say it is are either trying to express their hatred or to cause drama. Also, lots of Black, Asian and Hispanic girls would not date White guys and do they get called racist? No, so it shouldn't be any different when a White person dates their own race.

• If it's racist, then let racism be served.

If you'd let other people crying "waccist!" force you into dating other races when you wouldn't want to... you've got some serious growing up and maturing to do before joining the real world.

• No.. It's like liking blondes over brunettes.

• Not racist. It's preference and totally normal.

The others calling you a racist are simply idiots. Period.

• Pretty much everyone prefers people of their own race.

• Nope, not at all.

• Omgggg you're racist!

• Yeah its racist, but not wrong. Just say white women are your preference. People discriminate all the time and it's not always bad

• I don't think having racial preferences makes you racist. I prefer Caucasian girls.

• If having a preference is racist, then every fucking person on this planet is racist.

• It is only racist when you hate a race because they aren't your's.

• You don't get to choose whom you're atracted to.

• Yeah. That is racist, cracker.

• No it's securing your race. personally I'd never date anyone out of my race.

• Nope, just biology. Lighter women were and still are considered more attractive, in every racial group around the world, far prior to European colonialism.

• Well i can see their pasty face in the dark it glows. But i cannot spot a black dudes face at night.

• No. It's Darwinism. You are attracted to people who have similar genes.

• Actually you're attracted to people with dissimilar genetic makeup as it increases the chances of passing on more diverse genetic mateial which is advantageous. If what you said was true we'd be attracted to people in our family.

However, two white people can have very different genes. Skin color is just one genetic trait.

• I have no idea what you're talking about

• No, it is not.
    And even if it was, I wouldn't care.

• It's your preferance, but women are often bullied into dating minority men by playing the racist card.