Teen needs your help! Trying to understand why he broke up with me?

Sorry I know I already posted pretty much the same thing but I wanted to add something...

1) We dated for 4 months, got to know each other over the course of a year
2) We're teens
3) His reason for dumping me was that he just wasn't ready for a relationship, but he said that we could still be friends
4) He seemed VERY INTO ME until one week prior to the break up, when he was a little less physically affectionate and didn't see me quite as often (but that could be because of parental intervention--see 9). When he was planning our last get-together (aka, when he dumped me), he seemed desperate to see me again (so either, he was DESPERATE TO DUMP ME or his parents were forcing him to ASAP)
5) Up until MINUTES before the break up he texted me ALL throughout the day (as he always did after we started dating) asking about my opinions, interests, what I was up to, giving me updates about his life, saying good night, etc.
6) I was recovering from surgery... so maybe he just texted all the time because he felt bad for me? We discussed many other things beyond how I was recovering though
7) He bought me flowers about a week before the break up due to my injury
8) He always kept up with doing me little favors/being a gentleman
9) One of his parents (who he is VERY close to/who he allows to control nearly his ENTIRE life) made it clear they did not like me. They wouldn't allow us to be completely alone together.
10) He is very passive and aims to please his parents first and foremost
11) He is not a player (I was his first gf)

Do you think his parents made him dump me? Was he not ready for a relationship? Did he just lose attraction to me? Please be honest. Thank you!

• Lost feelings/got bored with me
  • Not ready for a relationship
  • Parent made him end it
Thank you to everyone who voted so far! Any more opinions?
Would anyone else like to vote? Thank you!

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it might be a combination of all of them. I hope you can get over him, because it doesn't seem like there would have been a future there.

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 1