Should/How should I tell her I want to marry her someday?

So long story short I love this girl more then anything in the world... but she is very insecure, and because she's been hurt in the past (and feels im too good looking for her) she always mentions how she thinks ill leave her some day. Im a few years away from being ready for marriage... I want us to both finish post secondary... and have enough money.

I want to let her know that my intentions are to marry her, and spend the rest of my life with her... is it even worth mentioning to her? Will it freak her out? Is there a casual way to even mention it?

Thanks in advance guys

Most Helpful Girl

• It would probably be best to just have a casual conversation about the things you've accomplished in the relationship so far, then continue to discuss your goals for the future. Kind of like where you want to be in a few years and what you expect from the relationship. Then you can proceed to say that you see yourself married and thats something you want to do. And you can put this in general terms, you don't have to say (I want to marry YOU in a few years (or whenever)).

What Girls Said 2

• She's insecure so yeah she wonders why your with her and stuff. Talking about the future and being positive should help. By using " us" you let her know that your with her together. But reassure her that you love her and that you don't intend to leave her. She's the best thing that's happened to you right? Let her know and feel that way. And if you've known her almost a year or so then yes it's okay to talk about marriage with her. You plan to keep her around anyway! :)

• Keep talking about the future and your plans... Using we and us... That will help her get used to the idea. Then you can bring it up... slowly...

What Guys Said 1

• Umm ask her if she ever dreamed about her wedding. I bet you anything she has already thought about it before you ;) but it's really not important and it really doesn't matter how you ask.