Would you date a girl who has acne?

I am so self-conscious about my skin that sometimes I feel like committing suicide.
At first glance, you would probably see nothing. But if you get up close, I have a very bumpy forehead with closed comedones. (Below is a picture of a forehead similar to mine.) I also have kind of large pores on either side of my nose and I seem to have tiny little bumps around that area. My forehead is always oily and bumpy and I hate it so much. I also have acne pits, which makes my skin look like desert or something.
I know that I am fortunate since my skin could be a lot worse. I am lucky that I don't have any acne whatsoever on my cheeks, but I still feel awful about my skin because I fear I will never be able to get close to opposite sex because I'll always try to stay as physically far away as possible so they can't see my skin!
I feel that guys will immediately get grossed out when they see how I really look up close, and honestly I wouldn't blame them.

Forgot to include the URL for the picture:

www.skinsight.com/.../acneVulgaris_51076_lg.jpg

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds like you just have mild acne. Try washing your face with a hydrogen peroxide acne-fighting wash twice a day, afterward rubbing an acne-fighting astringent over your face with a cotton ball/pad. I've heard translucent powder can really help control oily-looking skin. I also suggest using a BB cream, I love Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB cream, it's a very sheer application (really it just gives your skin a glow) that can help keep your skin moisturized (which actually helps keep your skin from getting so oily) and they've even come out with one that contains salicylic acid which fights acne (if you use that though then use a salicylic acid acne wash and astringent as well, though, because combing hydrogen peroxide and salicylic acid could end up being terribly drying for your skin).

• Actually I found that washing my face too often makes my skin even more oily. It might sound gross - it did to me at first - but skipping a day actually made my skin feel and look a little better. I try not to use too many products because it doesn't help, but I am making some changes to my diet and drinking more water, which i hope will help. Plus, my skin is extremely sensitive, so my skin would react pretty badly, but thanks. :)
      What is BB cream by the way?

• No problem, thank you for MH :)

• Thank YOU! :)

What Guys Said 10

• Sure why not

• Sure! My sister also had acne like you have- it clears up eventually. Don't worry about it ! :)

• Would you date a guy with a small percentage os?

• It's normal if you're young. I wouldn't worry, I would still date you.

• I'm 20. : Thought I'd be done with acne by now……….!

• Some people it hangs around longer.

• Oh, God, I know. It must be awful.

• yes without a doubt

• Yes. This is something that will dissapear. You seem to be a pretty girl, so why not.

• How do you whether I am pretty or not?

• I don't see any fat, andyou can somehow tell shapes etc that doesn't show

• Huh.
      He he.

• Sure I would date you.

• That's nice to hear and good to know! :)

• it's temporary and most people will barely notice. I had it pretty bad till my mid twenties and used itas an excuse to isolate myself. It sucks but it will pass

• Yeah, I used it as an excuse to isolate myself as well! :|

• lol I have the same problem, only mine is far worse. No, it wouldn't bother me.

• Thanks. That's nice to know. :)

• I hate acne to , trust me when I say I've had a lot, but it's a new year invest in some good products , i eliminated cheese and milk from my diet and its a lot better now, but don't let that get u down, and ur a girl so wear make up if u need too, I wish I couldve

• Yeah, that's a good point. I often think that women are, in a way, fortunate in that they at least have the option of covering up their blemishes, whereas men would probably be laughed at if they did that. :
      I am trying to change my diet and drink more water, so I hope that helps my skin.
      Thanks for your answer.

What Girls Said 1

• Most people have acne

• Yeah, I know that. But it doesn't make me feel any better about myself!