Is writing a poem for a girl that doesn't know you like that a bad thing?

There is this girl I really really like at school, unfortunately she doesn't really know me. I wrote her a poem and sended to her via social media. She responded saying she liked it etc etc. reading about this topic, a lot of girls said that this is creepy, since she doesn't know me, and I put a few details about her

Most Helpful Guy

• That's about as old school as offering to read a girl's palm in a party man and you giving her the poem yourself... on the interwebs...

maybe i'm just getting old but can't you at least just slip her the poem in a written form somewhere?

What Girls Said 2

• Hmmmm I would be flattered.

• It may open your window of opportunity as long as you don tell her it is about her it doesn't look to creepy try and spark more conversations with her and see how you guys go from there than you can see if she likes you too

What Guys Said 2

• It can work on some girls but I would for the most part save the poetry for when your already in a relationship.

• She might like it BUT don't expect this to mean she will fall for you. i learned these things the hard way man trust me :/