Is it typical for guys to play games to attract a girl in the beginning before a relationship takes place?

I've been talking to this guy. I knew him back in college actually. He likes me so much. I was just sort of not ready and taken by surprise by it all. He was so open first few weeks. Now he's trying to be all mistery man about things (in a playful way sort of).

Also he takes forever to reply now. Well, he always kinda did.

When I sign into Xbox and he's online, he will THEN message me back. Whatever. Kinda weird thing to do.

And he wants to see me all the time... Well just saw him and he said maybe later this week? Hmm.

I don't know. I don't think im explaining it well. But he's kinda making purposeful actions with me. I don't know. I wouldn't want to be with someone that was trying to be mr mysterious. I'm sick of that.

I'm asking because I'm hesitant to start anything. Any advice is appreciated.

What Guys Said 2

• I don't know about typical, i believe the whole damn thing is a game lol, everyone has a part to play and each player develops XP as they go along. He just sounds a little distracted and you may be misreading it as him being distant or mysterious. One thing that never helps in relationships (especially budding relationships) is expectations, to expect things to go a certain way. If acting all "mysterious" is his thing now, flow with it. It might just be a phase. Also, it doesn't sound like anything official is going on so this is not the time to be worrying about actions. When it comes down to the nitty gritty, you are both single and free. Just in the courting phase, anything is possible at this point.

• Thank you! This was really helpful, I appreciate it.

• You are welcome, Had to use a little Xbox reference too lol... Go Xbox.

• Guys are usually methodical about how they approach. First we start off straightforward with how we feel and pursue her on a consistent basis. If that doesn't work, plan B -- the games. Delayed responses, jealousy plots, etc. I mean think about it logically, if you just respond to his advances in a positive way, then there's no reason to play games. You are probably giving mixed signals or ignoring him, so he's activating plan B.

What Girls Said 0