Boyfriends and Movie Dates?

I have been dating this guy for a few weeks now and he has asked me to go to the movies with him. I really want to go, but he is my first boyfriend and I have never gone to the movies with a guy before and I'm really nervous. Have you ever been on a movie date? What's it like? How should I act? What should I expect?

Most Helpful Guy

• It will be very fun and you will be able to lean on each other (extremely fun) don't expect to talk much in the theatre but it will be dark and kind of romantic. Maybe he'll put his arm over your shoulders!!!

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 5

• You are Under 18, meowimacat, so I am assuming the 'First boyfriend' is your age as well. And perhaps being wet behind the ears in years here, dear, he will be either a shy kind of guy, a perfect gentleman, or could be all lips...
    Be sure it is a Movie you both will Like so the Movie is For sure the Reason of the season for being there. Some guys will just ask you to any old flick to have his 'Pick' with you and to get cozy, between the candy and popcorn reeling and feeling deal.
    However, if you trust him enough to know that he wants to take a movie in for you both to enjoy, then Enjoy yourself and just act relaxed, natural as though watching a movie in the comfort of your own living room. He may try to put his arm around you, hold your hand, and with this in mind, let it be your choice, your call on how you want to handle this and maybe Too----A kiss.
    Good luck. xx

• It will be fun!
    If there are arcades in the movie theater (or games to play), you both may have fun hanging out there also.
    While watching a movie... there's not much talking that can be done.
    Most likely you both will eat and cuddle up.
    Don't expect much talking only before the movie and after.
    Trust me, it will be fine.

• It will be fun. My boyfriend and I just went to the movies and we held hands. I leaned on his shoulder and he put his head on my head. I rubbed his thigh and he rubbed mine, LOL and we kept staring at each other a couple of times and we kissed a couple of times and by the end of the movie we could not resist it and we just started making out, haha. Also we talked a little during the movie, asking each other questions about what was going on, and what we predicted was going to happen. We laughed and had a lot of fun. Don't fret a movie date. It's not bad at all. :)

• You might cuddle a little. Hold hands. Maybe kiss.

Also, remember, you don't have to do anything you don't feel comfortable with while you're there.

• has to be the best way to avoid awkwardness on the date you don't really need to talk til after the movie and then you guys can just talk about the movie you this gives you time to get comfortable in his presence.