Is it odd to be nearly 19 years old and have never had a girlfriend or gone on a date?

I have social anxiety and I'm terribly shy. =/ It's embarrassing.

Forgot to add that I've never been kissed and I'm a virgin Lol.

Now it looks like I'm pitying myself, blah.

Most Helpful Guy

• Its not odd, if you have social anxiety then worrying about it will obviously make you more anxious. I know there's a lot of pressure that by a certain age you should have experianced certain things in life but there's no set time limit. Plus women don't reach their sexual peak till they're 28 so you've got a few years yet to find someone ;)

• Thought they reached their sexual peak at 40...and that's why there are cougars, heh.

• Maybe so, either way don't worry yourself about it, put it this way, when I started university I moved into halls of residence, there were 7 other people in my flat with me, 4 of which had never had a relationship, which is 50%.... so peoples perceptions are very different to what actually goes on out there.

• Lmao its not 40. but it does peak at around 30 years old. so gradually it goes down to 40 and they have the sexual urges of a 20 year old? lol. hows that 4 logik

What Girls Said 2

• No, I don't think so. I was 18 before I had my first kiss. Everyone is different, and trust me, its worth it when you find the right person :) I've been dating the guy for 6 months now and I'm so glad I never wasted my time on anyone else because he really loves me :)

• Actually its quite normal, I'm my boyfriends first girlfriend and he is nearly 20, I think its sorta sweet.

What Guys Said 2

• Hullo :B I know how you feel. I'm 24 and in the same boat and you get TIRED of being alone all the time but its hard not to be. It's not really "odd" just rare, I guess.

• What is this I don't even

;]

• Not at all. I've met some people who are well into their 20s that have never dated. It's just that you haven't met the right person yet. Don't worry about it one day you will meet your dream girl. Then your life will be complete.