Is it bad to like someone else when you have a boyfriend?

So I've liked this guy for like a year but I just met my bf 4 months ago and I didn't even really want to date him. So is it bad if I like someone else.

• That's messed up
  • It's fine
I wasn't ready for a boyfriend and I wasn't going to date the other one. I'm just too nice and I didn't want to make him feel bad.

Most Helpful Guy

• If you're not even 18 yet and you've only been dating this guy for 4 months, I'd say you should by no means feel obligated to stay with him. On that note however, I'd say that a girl your age probably doesn't need to be in any relationship in the first place. I'd avoid the drama and the breakups common in highschool relationships and just try to keep friends until you graduate and you actually know where people are going and who they are going to be as adults.

It sounds like in your situation you should probably just stay single for a while and enjoy talking to whoever you fancy without jumping into any unbeneficial responsibilities. You'll have plenty of time to settle down in a relationship after high-school.

• Thank you so much that helped A LOT.

• And I agree with you about the relationship thing.

• Glad I could help! God bless, and have fun getting to know this new guy.

What Guys Said 7

• as long as you don´t betray anybody, it´s fine. its normal to "like" other people too as long as you don´t act upon it.

• If you're not happy in your current relationship you should leave.

• No problem. Your current bf sounds like a nice guy and if you do break up with him I hope you do it nicely and that he finds soneone who loves him.

• Its fine but if you don't like the current boyfriend your with I suggest you break up with him.

• Yeah that means you don't like your current boyfriend.

• Although more and more people are finding themselves on polyamorous relationships, this isn't even that. You love one, not the other.. Go and be with who you love.

• There is nothing wron by just looking.

• Well, why'd you say yes, if you didn't like him?

• I'm too nice and he's sweet so I feel like it would hurt his feelings.

• I JUST like him I don't want to date him though.

• Then that would present a problem now wouldn't it. How can you remain friends with a guy you LIKE. Especially if he likes you back... why wouldn't you just date if you like each other?

What Girls Said 9

• You have openly admitted here, dear, that 'I've liked this guy for a year' but have this newbie now on your line, However, Not on your mind when you Say-----I didn't really want to date him. This is showing me that without it being etched in stone, the writing on the school walls and all, is Telling me that you are Not ready for a real Relationship and on top of This-----I didn't want to make him feel bad.
    It's going to end up "Bad," no matter how you slice the pie. You are going to wake up some morning and make up your sweet mind that you can't have your cake and it two with your Mind set Set like this. You have feelings for another and because you can't have one on your platter, you decided to settle for this guy because you feel you Have to be Mr, nice guy. It's unfair to him and not fair to yourself. Someone is bound to end up getting hurt in the long run. You are going down a beaten path of no partnership, War of the Roses and in the end, no one wins, not even a friendship is left... just a crumb that will make you feel like a bum.
    Do some soul searching and learn a little lesson in love early in your teen years. Stay friends if you are not sure about anything or anyone and don't get into any relationship until you are raring and ready and have moved on from any ghosts of your past that still rattle your chains.
    Good luck. xx

• Just saw this now, sweetie... do some soul searching. xx

• Well, kinda. I mean, when you're in a relationship you should be giving all of your heart to the guy your IN a relationship with. Not someone else. If you don't want to date this guy, then don't date him. Don't be with him just for the sake of being in a relationship. If it was a small crush on someone that you could easily squash, then it wouldn't be so bad, but with your situation it's not a great thing that you have a crush on someone else. I would be PO'd if my boyfriend was with me, but was crushing on someone else for a year. It's either me or her. End of story. I don't want to share my boyfriends heart with anyone else. Your boyfriend shouldn't have to deal with that either.

• I liked him at first but i didn't want to date him and I'm really nice so I said yes because I didn't want to be mean.

• Break up with your boyfriend. Sooner or later it is going to happen and if it's sooner than both you and him can move on and be with people that your heart is fully with.

• It's messed up more that you're dating someone you don't want to date. You should deal with that issue first aka. leave him. Then you won't have a problem. You should only date when you're ready! If you're in a relationship and like someone else, you don't truly love the person you're dating.

• it's natural to develop little crushes sometimes even when you're involved with someone else. just keep it innocent. distance yourself from that person.

• It's worse that you are dating someone you don't even like. What the hell were you thinking? Why are you dating him?

• I liked him at first but I didn't want to date him. And I'm really nice so I didn't want to make him feel bad.

• I realized I wasn't ready for a relationship so I don't want a boyfriend. I just wants to know if it was bad.

• But thank you

• Why are u with him if you didn't want to be with him in the beginning you should leave him it's better to leave him then to be with someone that loves you and you have no love back for him it's not good

• It's okay as long as you like your boyfriend.

• I'd recommend breaking up with your boyfriend.

• yeah, it is not right, if you know you like someone else it is not right to be with your boyfriend.