Texting an ex a year later?

My ex tried getting back with me last year but I told him I had a guy and we didn't really talk after that. I acted disinterested so he didn't talk to me soon after. I left the guy I was with before and I can't stop thinking about my ex and feel like I missed out when I turned him down last year. I want to talk to him but is it way too random to contact him or even try? I don't know what id even say

Most Helpful Guy

• Well my ex broke up with me before summer it was really bad because she went back to her ex boyfriend whom she cheated on with me and broke up with to be with me. Anyway we had a huge fight because I tried getting her back and she told me she never wanted me in her life again. Witch was a complete lie but never the less I took a wide way around whenever there was a chance that we could ran into each other. Anyway in December there was an event that there was no way that we could not run into each other. So I did what I had to do and then without even looking at her left. Well she called me that night and we started talking and within 3 minutes before the conversation turned from weird to really nice and we meat up in the middle of the night. First we talked just made things not so weird and stressed but then we figured we really missed each other and hugged and kissed and it was really nice. Well we meat up a couple of times and had a few dates and spent a few evenings together and it was great just as good as it was before and the attraction was still there. But she's got some problems of her own and has some trouble with getting over all the stuff that happened between us when we were fighting so I don't know what's going to happen and also I've meat another really nice girl in the mean time. While I still have really strong feelings for my ex I also like the new girl a lot and she treats me really nice comparing to my ex so this is becoming a problem.
    My advice would be call him meet up and talk about it the sooner the better and tell him everything and hear what he has to say because sometimes we find out when we're honest with each other that both people were actually thinking the same but acting totally different.
    I wish you two guy a lot of luck. :)

What Guys Said 4

• Given many of your recent posts, you might want to just take a break and just enjoy being single for a while. Take your time and discover yourself.

In my experience, I don't mind when an ex wants to chat or catch up. Things are nicer in hindsight, and you feel like you already have something in common. So literally "hey, long time no see. how are you doing?" is perfectly acceptable. Men, or I at least, have no particular rules and aren't terribly concerned if things are awkward.

• Give it a shot, but don't go into it with expectations. He very well may have moved on. If he has, be gracious and let it go.

• If you turned him down, haven't talked to him for a long time and he hasn't tried to contact you, the chances are he has moved on.

• You're an ex for a reason, its never good to go backwards in life.

What Girls Said 1