Why do men wait a week before contacting a girl for the first time?

honestly, whats the deal with that

Most Helpful Guy

• I only wait a couple days or set up plans when i get the number then interact through text messages, and depending on how well my first interaction with her was id send couple test messages that day otherwise ill wait a day or two just to reinitiate contact, I won't really call until its time to meet up again.

• so you'll wait a few days before first texting her?

• i apologize i completely read your last comment worng. but just let it go and if he contacts you then next play is up to you.

• Did this guy contact you?

What Guys Said 5

• Because we don't want to appear needy and drive you away. Or we nervous. That's why they call themselves pick up artists. There is a fine "art" to seduction.

• well it sucks haha. im such an up front person so i hate that guys will sometimes wait. like i dont even have his number yet. i wanted him to be the one to initiate

• Still thinking of him though;) hence your post. But he better make a move as it will backfire ha ha

• exactly. he's on the edge of failing now hahah

• some don't want to look desperate or just don't know what to say to the girl

• I don't get it either, I don't wait.

• but its common isn't it?

• Just an unfortunate coincidence. But situations can be reversed, we never know what's gonna happen. Just some unfortunate coincidences can continue happen. What if you find another guy and the next day he calls? That would be bad...

• lol ya...

• They might be too nervous to contact the girl right away, and don't wanna screw things up. That's my guess. :)

• even at the age of 21... the guy told me that he would contact me cuz i told him im not giving out my number if you're gonna pull that "ill text, but doesn't actually text game" and he agreed that he hated it. it sbeen 2.5 days and i haven't heard from him once

• It's so we don't seem to thirsty. A week is a bit much, a few days is ideal to call. I just gave you a guy secret

• lmao. its driving me bonkers. i know you guys do that for a reason BUT UGH!!! come on

• so i shouldn't assume he isn't interested until next sunday? plus he is a fire fighter and i know that its a busy lifestyle and tiring so who knows

• I can't speak for all guys but that is a tactic most guys use. Fire fighter usually work 2 24hour days out the week which means he has 5 free days to himself unless he's doing lots of overtime or has a second job like most fire fighters do.

What Girls Said 1

• I don't know but I think it's better to ask for numbers instead of giving them out.. That way you never gave to think about if when if why they'll call bc you're the one calling.

I think the reason you gave him for not wanting to give your number was understandable big instead if making him promise he'll call, you should have just said "I'll call you".

If he was really interested he'd give you his number. For some guys it's just a game of numbers... When a guy asks for your number you never know If he's just collecting numbers for fun or if really wants to meet up.

It's iust practical. Imagine if you were the one calling you wouldn't even be spending here time here trying to figure him out bc you'd have the control. Which is ok bc you don't play games.

I think the people who don't play games should initiate:)

• i usually do too, but i can be very direct and sometimes lead so im trying to take a step back and let the guy lead for once.

• Ohhhh in that case good for you. Same thing I'd say when it's someone who doesn't usyally imitate and then dies... It's just good to get a sense of both sides:)

Anyhow he probably diesnt want to look desoerate or you're one number among many and he hasn't decuded if he wants to call. Or he's just neurotic and can't make up his mind. Or he firgit. Or he gothit by a car and is unconscious in the hospital subconsciously dreaming of yiu:-)

• lmao.